User Poll ZS EV Facelift user satisfaction.

Have you had any problems with the facelift ZS EV (if you have then can you post what these were)

• No problems, very happy

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Some minor problems, somewhat happy with car

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Some minor problems, unhappy with car

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Major problems, unhappy with car

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Big regrets buying it.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Minor problems but very happy

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters
'Issues' have been listed already:
Rapid charging bricking.
Sat Nav freezing 'dead reckoning'
No firmware OTA updates
Rattles from sunroof and scuttle tray
Poor communication between MG and customer.

'Issues' have been listed already:
Rapid charging bricking.
Sat Nav freezing 'dead reckoning'
No firmware OTA updates
Rattles from sunroof and scuttle tray
Poor communication between MG and customer.
My car has never had any issues with any of the above.

Rapid Charger cause failure of HV System (bricking). I have not experienced this in 6,000 miles of driving and using a variety of Rapid Chargers.

SatNav Freezing. There is nothing here to fix. Just set the system correctly.

No firmware OTA updates. This is not an issue for me and I don’t understand why this is a problem that needs “fixing”.

Rattles from sunroof and scuttle tray. This is clearly an issue for your car and would be the sort of issue investigated by the dealer.

Poor communication between MG and the customer. Not sure this is fixed at production. I have had no issues with my dealer or communication with MG: mainly because I have had no issues with my car and hence no reason to contact MG. Your interface to MG is through the dealer, not directly with MG themselves.

I think some faults could be operator errors and the car not having as much built in tolerance to misuse as other makes might have. This is especially so when coming from older cars to the new technologies they didn't have.

Very few new cars are completely trouble free. I've had teething trouble with a new Audi A6, a Jaguar XF and recurring issues with a new BMW 520 msport. A rattly roof is hardly cause for concern. Most issues can be solved with a visit to the dealer or on first service. Its far from unusual.

My car is still at arnold clark in salford.its been there since 11.4.22 still no nearer to getting it back.
Mg customer service blame the dealer and visa versa.this was after a rapid charger bricked the car.
Im down to the dealers on monday to sort out a refund ive had enough now.
I would steer clear from arnold clark salfords electric vehicles

QED

Very happy with our face-lift Trophy
A few frustrations with the infotainment system (seems a few steps backwards from the Gen1 ZS EV) as follows

Won't remember setting I.e.stay on a DAB station
Favourites on DAB visually very badly laid out
Bluetooth/Spotify integration very poor, interferes with Android Auto playback
Volume levels for media very inconsistent
Not experienced the gen 1 model but infotainment system ok. After the initial press on home screen everything is responsive. Couple of gripes, why is the keyboard on the navigation system so wide and short? Sometimes when Android auto plays a message from WhatsApp, the DAB radio pauses.

As Vince31 said, the dead reckoning slider caught me out too. Does anyone else think that the online user manual leaves a little to be desired. My first attempt at rapid charging failed miserably on two different new high power Gridshare chargers. there is very little in the manual of how to set up the car to accept a rapid charge. Also no music folders in usb playback, difficult to get to play the album you want out of the over 4000 songs on the usb stick. Not got the Spotify app on android auto. All minor niggles that may get fixed with an OTA update.
Would having playlists work, do you think? I use a usb in my outgoing Kia.

Would having playlists work, do you think? I use a usb in my outgoing Kia.
I have tried all sorts of things to get a fix to the no folder issue without success so far.

I have reported the issue and the fact that the Gen1 model had this feature to MG UK, to which they said "Contact your dealer" not a good answer.

I contacted my dealer who were not impressed with MG's answer and are still pushing for an answer to the issue.

If anyone comes up with an answer, please let we know as it is driving me mad trying to find a solution

Very happy with my LR SE. (Previous car was a BMW 330E so a very different car, but I do like the £8/month tax versus £180 , and SWMBO likes the ease of getting in and out of the MG)) Some rapid charges do not work, but Shell, Gridserve and Geniepoint seem reliable so long as they are actually working. Looking forward to more Tesla superchargers being made available to all electric car users.
Have not found how to turn on the wifi hotspot yet, was this really available?
Some niggles: I do wish it could remember bluetooth connections, instead of having to renew them every time I start the car.
I wish I could set manual speed control just from the stalk, instead of having to turn it on via the screen.
Sometimes I have to re-boot the car to get the audio to work
When are we going to be able to buy accessories? Nice mats, a Frunk, Boot protector, spare wheel would all be nice.

Very happy with my LR SE. (Previous car was a BMW 330E so a very different car, but I do like the £8/month tax versus £180 , and SWMBO likes the ease of getting in and out of the MG)) Some rapid charges do not work, but Shell, Gridserve and Geniepoint seem reliable so long as they are actually working. Looking forward to more Tesla superchargers being made available to all electric car users.
Some niggles: I do wish it could remember bluetooth connections, instead of having to renew them every time I start the car.
I wish I could set manual speed control just from the stalk, instead of having to turn it on via the screen.
When are we going to be able to buy accessories? Nice mats, a Frunk, Boot protector, spare wheel would all be nice.
Great to hear you are enjoying the ZS :)

The hotspot is available in the Connect version.

From the settings:

CA82C883-F2F6-41E8-AED1-AC478130EC0F.jpeg

It can also be quickly accessed once configured by swiping down from the top of the screen:

2471B2D2-59F4-4A57-8AB7-B87A9E8C6ABB.jpeg

Spare Wheel and EV mats for the ZS should be available from your dealer.

Last edited:
Check out this thread. :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom