Using a Granny Charger.

I use the 13amp charger - I am not a granny - regularly, only using expensive chargers on long trips. an overnight charge from 10 pm to 8am increases my level from 30% to 80%. charging to 100% and leveling the cells takes another 5 - 8 hrs.

Hi All - can anyone recommend an aftermarket Granny charger?

Thinking I'd like to have one ready to charge at home, but always have one in the car just in case.

Thanks

My granny charger is crazy short. I've to pretty much park in beside the front door to reach a plug.

I'm not sure if extension leads are okay with it?
I use mine with a 15 meter (45 ft) extension lead without any problem

I use the 13amp charger - I am not a granny - regularly, only using expensive chargers on long trips. an overnight charge from 10 pm to 8am increases my level from 30% to 80%. charging to 100% and leveling the cells takes another 5 - 8 hrs.
Hi, is this the EVSE that came with the car?
You really shouldn't use a 13A unit for any length of time, most 'granny' EVSE unit are rated at 10A for continuous use and drwa about 2.2kW.

Amazon to some for a decent price but be aware you can turn them up to max 13amp but best keep them at 10amp unless you lose the plug and hard wire them
Excellent advice, Thank you - it was one of my thoughts, had they allowed for 13 A, or are they marketing to the max....

Use the Granny charger all the time at work. Do 12 hour shifts and get about 100miles of charge per shift. Tends to make my right foot a bit heavier on way home from work as know ill be plugging in and charging again when back in work... :) :) :). Loving the free energy at work especially with the price of electricity at home at the moment. (y)(y)(y).

Hi All - can anyone recommend an aftermarket Granny charger?

Thinking I'd like to have one ready to charge at home, but always have one in the car just in case.

Thanks

I've been using this Fenkee adjustable charger for the last 18 months without any problems whatsoever on a commando socket in the garage, You can select 5 different modes of charging from 10A,16A,20A,24A & 32A.
It was £162 from Aliexpress. 162.16£ 37% OFF|Ev Charger Type 2 32 Amp For Portable Electric Vehicle, Cee Plug 220v-240v Car Charging Cable, Iec 62196-2 - Chargers & Service Equipment - AliExpress

TR8Pthll.jpg

I've been using this Fenkee adjustable charger for the last 18 months without any problems whatsoever on a commando socket in the garage, You can select 5 different modes of charging from 10A,16A,20A,24A & 32A.
It was £162 from Aliexpress. 162.16£ 37% OFF|Ev Charger Type 2 32 Amp For Portable Electric Vehicle, Cee Plug 220v-240v Car Charging Cable, Iec 62196-2 - Chargers & Service Equipment - AliExpress

TR8Pthll.jpg
Thank you - and you've given me ideas for the cable management too!

I'd say the car connector cable is bit skinny....
I wonder why it's thinner than the input side?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom