Using Tesla Superchargers with my ZS EV

So anyone who has paid for the Tesla update should get a refund according to Gary Smart's letter.

Get a template complaint letter from Martin Lewis's website and include Gary Smart's reply as evidence.
But only if they were charged as part of the service cycle ?

Agree that MG could have helped themselves here by pushing it out as an OTA update, but despite that, they still should actually be treating it as a fault they need to fix by any means.

I have no expectation that they will ever release anything other than a minor infotainment update remotely. They have no track record on this and I doubt the configuration of the car with its ICE origins would even support updating something like the ECU or multiple control modules OTA.

Latest email from MG UK. It seems they are saying if you do get your car updated to the latest software it will automatically include the Tesla update. This should not be a chargeable update based on this if done during your cars normal service schedule. Not sure I trust them but you can see the email below.

View attachment 21408
My Dec 22 MK2 LR had its first service on 20 October. The garage said they did the latest software update available from MG at that time. I tried the open Tesla chargers at Lakeside today. Exactly the same as last time I tried them. Did not recognise vehicle. I'm afraid the reply you've had from MG does not tally with my experience. I was so hoping MG had finally seen sense on this issue.

Did not recognise vehicle. I'm afraid the reply you've had from MG does not tally with my experience. I was so hoping MG had finally seen sense on this issue.
Is it possible that you're not following a required procedure for charging at superchargers? Obviously, it's best if it "just works" no matter what order you do things. However, if there is a routine that's not too arduous that we as a group can learn, then maybe that's good enough. The problem could then be considered close enough to being solved. Someone did post a step by step guide.

Is it possible that you're not following a required procedure for charging at superchargers? Obviously, it's best if it "just works" no matter what order you do things. However, if there is a routine that's not too arduous that we as a group can learn, then maybe that's good enough. The problem could then be considered close enough to being solved. Someone did post a step by step guide.
I suppose it could be that. I did follow the Tesla instructions (3 times now).I have also been told by MG customer services and my garage that the update needed to use Tesla chargers is additional and chargeable. Personally, I can get along fine without these chargers, so I'll just pursue my case with the ombudsmen to its resolution.

IMG_5606.jpeg

💯 agree. If all other manufacturers had the same issue, they'd be some excuse. But it's only the ZS EV that has the problem.

Apparently, there is a software update available for the ZS EV Gen 2 models that WILL accommodate the use of the Non - Tesla models successfully.
This is regarded as a chargeable customer option in many cases, but is offered FOC at the time of annual service by the better dealers, it has to be said.
But I am unsure if this is update option is extended to the MG5 face lift model ???.
This very subject came under discussion on the very last pod on Monday of this week.
The pre - face model of the MG 5 is a NO GO as far as I can tell.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom