V2L adapter included?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks! Just bought one. I doubt if I'll use it, but I'd be kicking myself if something came up and I didn't have it. (With an extension lead it could power my freezer in a power cut, I think.)

Thanks! Just bought one. I doubt if I'll use it, but I'd be kicking myself if something came up and I didn't have it. (With an extension lead it could power my freezer in a power cut, I think.)
I'm the same. Bought one but don't know when I'll use it. Perhaps I'll go for a picnic and take the kettle and air fryer. Chip butties and a cuppa with a view 😁

I'm the same. Bought one but don't know when I'll use it. Perhaps I'll go for a picnic and take the kettle and air fryer. Chip butties and a cuppa with a view 😁
Yes that's tempting, it'll definitely go on my shopping list for the summer.

Does anyone know if you can get an adaptor to go from a home charger output to a 3-pin socket? Not something I've ever seen but it would let you power things outside the house like xmas lights or a hedge trimmer without having to install a separate outdoor 3 pin. I guess it would need electronics in it to communicate with the charger as if it were a car.

Yes that's tempting, it'll definitely go on my shopping list for the summer.

Does anyone know if you can get an adaptor to go from a home charger output to a 3-pin socket? Not something I've ever seen but it would let you power things outside the house like xmas lights or a hedge trimmer without having to install a separate outdoor 3 pin. I guess it would need electronics in it to communicate with the charger as if it were a car.
I asked the same question in the general chat forum but decided to continue to pass a good quality extension lead with a RCD plug fitted out of the letterbox when I wanted power outside at the front of the house for two reasons:
1. I wasn't sure if the adaptors were what I wanted
2. My great great great grandmother's Scottish heritage came out and I thought they were too expensive for what they were.

Whereas I, Scottish born and bred and 98% Scottish according to Ancestry.com, just bought one!

Funny old world. 😎
It is but I think okohll was after an adaptor to plug into his wall charger that would let him plug the lawnmower into it not a V2L adaptor to plug it into the car.

I bought one adaptor as well. I used for vacuum cleaner to clear the car.
Anyone used the adaptor for jet wash to wash the car?

Someone posted a picture of doing just that (maybe on Facebook) ... but it's not recommended to do that - you'd really want the charge port flap closed when washing the car.

That photo also showed a normal multi-way extension lead plugged into the V2L adapter - together with exposed sockets! 😮

The car charger is waterproof, the adaptor is not. Might need to find a way to cover the adaptor...
I guess that it is ok to use the jet washer to clear the driveway or other car

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 470 79.0%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 79 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.7%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel