V2L adapters

It looks like a little handle.

1000029545.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_1727.jpg

Unfortunately, mine doesn't have the handle. It just displays the 50%. It does this in any state: door open/closed, discharging, etc. No amount of persuasion will allow me to move/drag it.

Hmmm? Maybe you have show my photo to your dealer and ask him to get you a handle. Might need a software update. I'm booked in Thursday for an update to fix the phantom braking issue which some others have experienced. Hopefully that doesn't cause other dramas.

My 77kWh MG4 imported to Australia has a build date of 08/23 if that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
On my SE the handle is present but dragging does nothing. However just tapping at the position you want works fine. It may be worth trying tapping in various locations.

The adapters Ive seen on eBay warn “may not work with 2023 models”. Anyone tried one of these or know any guaranteed to work with 2023 mg4
I found this: EV Cable V2L Adapter 2023 2024 MG MG4 MG5 Marvel R Vehicle to Load Bidirectional | eBay

The seller is very clear that the original one won't work with 23 models (like I have) but that this different one will. I'll report back here in a week when it arrives.

We live in the Devonshire countryside and have had a few power outages. I'm hoping this will allow me to power my fridge and a couple of plug in lights for a few hours. Even 50% of 51kWh would last days with the power needs I have if not heating the house or cooking. Even a kettle or two for hot drinks should be fine.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Additional warning. Using V2l one is using a floating system. use double isolated tools only. It is dangerous to use a power block with multiple sockets; if two different people each use a tool at the same time connected to that V2L power block and one tool becomes faulty the second person using the other tool may be electrocuted.
It's a good point. I've considered whether to add a ground stake connection to my power board. I built my own with a Duosida plug. Hmmmm...

I found this: EV Cable V2L Adapter 2023 2024 MG MG4 MG5 Marvel R Vehicle to Load Bidirectional | eBay

The seller is very clear that the original one won't work with 23 models (like I have) but that this different one will. I'll report back here in a week when it arrives.

We live in the Devonshire countryside and have had a few power outages. I'm hoping this will allow me to power my fridge and a couple of plug in lights for a few hours. Even 50% of 51kWh would last days with the power needs I have if not heating the house or cooking. Even a kettle or two for hot drinks should be fine.
Did you manage to get the v2l working? I've got 2024 mgzsev and went to buy an adapter off ebay but the seller told me my car would not work with v2l. Any help please.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
According to this page only the MG4 and MG5 support V2L:

I suppose the clue will be whether the screen on your car has a Discharge section. (In the MG4 it is a tab under the Battery tile).

According to this page only the MG4 and MG5 support V2L:

I suppose the clue will be whether the screen on your car has a Discharge section. (In the MG4 it is a tab under the Battery tile).

Blame MG's website not me. ;)
No blame at all Sir ! Information via MG is below standard as usual.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom