V2L adapters

The adapters Ive seen on eBay warn “may not work with 2023 models”. Anyone tried one of these or know any guaranteed to work with 2023 mg4
I contacted the eBay supplier. Reply follows: “Hi there, people seems having problem with 2023. Not sure why. Please feel free to order and test it. Best regards.”
So its up to us to do the QC!

Well... I bought the original MG V2L adapter with place for 3 schukos from MG with the car (no vat here i Norway when the total is under 500k NOK if one bought it with the new EV), it is extremely expensive at 5k NOK including VAT. At those prises I realy have a hard time to tell people to buy "original" (Duosida) MG V2L adapters.

Last edited:
Almost finished (not tested yet) my V2L cable.
IMG_20230616_194723303.jpg
specs
1 phase female connector 32A Type 2, €37
2,5mm² neoprene cord 5m € cheap, on the shelve
resistance 680 ohm PE/PP, € free from new scrap electronics
Brennerstuhl Powerblock with strap and foldable hooks + control led, €26

Look nice. 👍

Here are my original (schuco) MG V2L adapter (Duosida).

Attachments

• 20230616_205246.jpg
    20230616_205246.jpg
    411.6 KB · Views: 219
  • 20230616_205241.jpg
    20230616_205241.jpg
    506 KB · Views: 231
  • 20230616_205216.jpg
    20230616_205216.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Look nice. 👍

Here are my original MG V2L adapter (Duosida).
Thanks for the feedback
You know the resistance from the pins PE and PP
The earth (PE) connections is not common in Belgium we have a more central earth pin
from the AREI regulation/CEBEC.

I measured the resistance between PE/PP to be 1998 ohm on the 2000 (2k ohm) scale.

Disclaimer. Used a cheap meter that zeroed to 5 ohm at the 200 ohm scale

Last edited:
The adapters Ive seen on eBay warn “may not work with 2023 models”. Anyone tried one of these or know any guaranteed to work with 2023 mg4
I got this , works fine.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Almost finished (not tested yet) my V2L cable.
View attachment 18330specs
1 phase female connector 32A Type 2, €37
2,5mm² neoprene cord 5m € cheap, on the shelve
resistance 680 ohm PE/PP, € free from new scrap electronics
Brennerstuhl Powerblock with strap and foldable hooks + control led, €26
Car was delivered yesterday, time for testing:
It worked very well: load vacuumcleaner 2Kw, no problem

Has anyone looked at the 50Hz waveform on a scope? Some loads can be very fussy, needing a 'good' sinewave form. Transformers for instance. Others like bar heaters don't care.

Reading around seems some think its to do with MY23 models only having single phase, unlike 1st Gen models, so these adaptors dont match up. I don't understand it, its just what I've read on a board somewhere. Maybe it needs adapting to work.

I've used mine with an electric chainsaw (2200w). Works fine. Also used to power the home office when they changed the consumer unit, again no problem. So I'm quite impressed with the potential should I ever get a long power cut.

Has anyone looked at the 50Hz waveform on a scope? Some loads can be very fussy, needing a 'good' sinewave form. Transformers for instance. Others like bar heaters don't care.
Yes, I have and I was impressed. It's an almost pure sine. I've not been able to measure the distortion but it's certainly not more than a few percent. The frequency is bang on 50Hz and rock steady under varying loads. Less impressive is the voltage - mine's 118.3, presumably a nominal 220V but it's well regulated and varies little with different loads. Be warned - the neutral doesn't sit at earth potential.

I've used mine with an electric chainsaw (2200w). Works fine. Also used to power the home office when they changed the consumer unit, again no problem. So I'm quite impressed with the potential should I ever get a long power cut.
Brilliant. I don’t do many miles per year and will be charging the MG4 up at work on my 12 hour shifts. So basically, what with the cost of living and the high price of electric, I will be syphoning electricity from work mwahahahahahahaaaaaaaa

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom