vacuum brake pump failure

Rog

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Has anyone had the brake pump fail?
We were about to return home from Torquay traveled 1 mile warning light came on then the tortoise....
After the aa man had said he couldnt repair it we eventually were relayed home 11 hours later....
Paul Rigby MG redditch have looked at it and said the vacuum pump has failed.. no courtesy car .. not very impressed since the car is only 15 months old
and cant be driven....

Attachments

• IMG_4538.jpg
    IMG_4538.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 155
Surprised that lack of a Servo actually prevents the car from being driven. I dare say there's a few of us here that were driving before Servo assistance was standard on any car!

Surprised that lack of a Servo actually prevents the car from being driven. I dare say there's a few of us here that were driving before Servo assistance was standard on any car!
the reason i couldnt drive it was only the ABS was working
the turtle would not let me travel any faster than 10 mph with a 180 mile journey ahead i didnt fancy it......

Had this problem twice on my first gen ZS. First time dealer thought it was a software problem, did a reboot and it was okay for about two months then it happened again. This time reboot did not work. Car was with dealer for five weeks. Lots of toing and frowing between dealer andMG lots of parts changed and eventually fixed. Luckily I have a good dealer (Hendy in Crawley) who provided a courtesy car, petrol to start with and then ev when one became available and kept me informed about what was happening. I have now swopped it for an MG5 having totally lost confidence in the ZS.

Has anyone had the brake pump fail?
We were about to return home from Torquay traveled 1 mile warning light came on then the tortoise....
After the aa man had said he couldnt repair it we eventually were relayed home 11 hours later....
Paul Rigby MG redditch have looked at it and said the vacuum pump has failed.. no courtesy car .. not very impressed since the car is only 15 months old
and cant be driven....
Has the dealer given you any idea on “wait times” for the bit’s ?.
What grounds have they given for not supplying you with a replacement car ?.
You can’t get more serious than a brake defect on a car really !.

I asked they said it will be repaired for this Friday....
Apparently they have sold all there cars so have not got any.....

I asked they said it will be repaired for this Friday....
Apparently they have sold all there cars so have not got any.....
Sorry, can you clarify your previous post ?.
Are they saying the car will finished tomorrow ( Friday 18.3.2022).
If so, that is SUPER quick and that is why they will not release a hire car !.
MG must have the pump in stock at the main warehouse, if so you are extremely lucky !.
I would consider doing the Lotto this weekend 🤣.

Sorry, can you clarify your previous post ?.
Are they saying the car will finished tomorrow ( Friday 18.3.2022).
If so, that is SUPER quick and that is why they will not release a hire car !.
MG must have the pump in stock at the main warehouse, if so you are extremely lucky !.
I would consider doing the Lotto this weekend 🤣.
It's possible that if the pump is the same across the MG range, then they would have plenty in stock. Just a guess.

It wasn’t the pump on my car, that was the first thing that was changed but didn’t clear the fault. However, since MG were involved in sorting mine out they should know what the problem is and how to fix it. Assuming of course that they keep a record of these things!

Lovemyev was right the vacuum pump has been replaced but not fixed the problem apparantly the car lost all of the 45kw of power we put in it last sunday and now cannot be charged....
fuses are tripping out and the dealer thinks the loom has failed..
But not sure yet

On a positive note we were given a coutesy car since they dont know when it will be repaired.....

Lovemyev was right the vacuum pump has been replaced but not fixed the problem apparantly the car lost all of the 45kw of power we put in it last sunday and now cannot be charged....
fuses are tripping out and the dealer thinks the loom has failed..
But not sure yet

On a positive note we were given a coutesy car since they dont know when it will be repaired.....
That's a bit of a bummer !.
Have they discharged the HV battery to make it safe to work on ?.
Otherwise, where has all of that power simply drained too ?.
Sorry to say, that this could be a long job then !.
Please keep us informed.

they gave me a mg zs exite mine is the exclusive ...
The interesting thing is i tricle charged it and the range started at 205 miles ...we travelled 40 miles still showing 160 miles left
I have never had that many miles in mine...,,

they gave me a mg zs exite mine is the exclusive ...
The interesting thing is i tricle charged it and the range started at 205 miles ...we travelled 40 miles still showing 160 miles left
I have never had that many miles in mine...,,
Reset both of mileage trips and it will stabilise the predicted range to a more realistic figure.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom