Vanarama Issues

I had something similar with my car order from a local dealer, not via Vanarama:
I ordered on the 2nd November 21, MG said that the order date was the 18th March 22 (about 20 weeks later). After much discussion trying to get to the bottom of this, I finally found out the reason:
My dealer received the order from me and placed the order onto MG on the 2nd November 21. However, as was their usual method of ordering, they did not put a customer name (my name) against the order - it was just for a LR T in red. You may remember that MG said that they were going to cancel any orders without customer names so my dealer finally added my name to the order on the 18th March 22. My dealer and MG said that this change would not affect the likely date to receive the car and I am currently being told that the car is at sea, arriving in a couple of weeks time.

So, you may not have lost the 2 months in the build queue, as the queue may still be from the 22nd November 21.
Sounds a possibility, but given that if an OZEV grant was applied for, which must be done under the name of an eligible end purchaser/leaser, then the order with MG has to be linked to an OZEV application and therefore an end customer anyway.

Got a call from vanarama last week saying they actually don’t know when cars will arrive, if it is past a year from order (Nov 2022) then they will be asking us to pay £60 more per month! They were probably hoping for us to cancel so they can sell at higher rate but we haven’t so far! What a joke?!

Got a call from vanarama last week saying they actually don’t know when cars will arrive, if it is past a year from order (Nov 2022) then they will be asking us to pay £60 more per month! They were probably hoping for us to cancel so they can sell at higher rate but we haven’t so far! What a joke?!
I feel a little sorry for Vanarama/ et al lease/fleet companies. Sure they were sold down the river by MG and maybe some MG dealers whom had deals in place to guarantee vehicles for sale.

That said, it must be horrible being a Vanarama customer (or any other lease company) as the customer has no choice, sure the company offering ‘pucker Deals’ almost a year ago, were trying to do business on information afforded to them, by MG themselves.

MG now seem to be closing/ending franchises, now that they are a player, but when trying to muscle in on the major players, seemingly offered the world on a plate, to get the brand out there.

I have said this before, but I feel the ire should be directed at MG.

We’ll that’s September upon us. Let’s see how many vanarama customers are happy by the end of it .😂

Haven't all Vanarama customers, of which I am one, been told end of year or Q1 next year or are some people still expecting a Sept delivery?

I think everyone is told the same story but that too with a pinch of salt as not 100%, last Q starts in a month so i would think if they were to be delivered we will be hearing soon. If its a Trophy with sunroof than its def next year as far as my convo went

I dont expect it till sep 2023 tbh. Phoned vanarama up and the lady on the phone said we have not heard from MG after our initial update, i thought they were in regular contact🤔 on the other hand various dealers were selling stock cars like RGW

I dont expect it till sep 2023 tbh. Phoned vanarama up and the lady on the phone said we have not heard from MG after our initial update, i thought they were in regular contact🤔 on the other hand various dealers were selling stock cars like RGW
What’s that I smell ?

Problem I have is the wife is the one that wants to talk to them, It's in my name, But it's gonna be her car and she dose all the home accounts and billing so I have to give them permission to talk to her, Thing is we both work and I work shifts,They never rung when they said and every time we ring we can't get through.
So we have just give up and are leaving it, We still have 2 cars so makes no odds if we cancel now or next year,Just see how it goes.
I'm also a bit of a soft touch,But the wife will eat them alive, My heart goes out to the person on the other end when I pass the phone to my wife.

I will wait till it comes and see how the market pans out by than. If elec costs go crazy like expected or if something better comes along with shorter delivery time than i might go with that instead

I have my existing car til may so I’m Willing to hang on til then and see how it goes.
Prices and waiting list will be a lot worse now so Willing to ride it out for the time being. **** knows what the prices for electricity will be then 😬😂

That is a black SELR, apparently if you switch from trophy or connect to se you loose grant 🤔 rest show as july 2023 now

You’ll probably find that any cancellations will be put out for the new price rather than offering it to existing customers.😡

They are seemingly unwilling to support their existing customers even at the higher prices. Is there any sign of the enhanced residual values used by some other suppliers feeding through yet?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom