Vanarama Issues

I contacted MG a week ago and gave them my order number and they said there is still no build date for my car. ZS EV SE LR in black ordered November.
Exact same scenario but Trophy

Issue is when are they going to build it 🧐
Are they going to build it?

Exact same scenario but Trophy

Issue is when are they going to build it 🧐
Are they going to build it?
I know starting to make me nervous! Apparently it takes 3 months from when you get the build date, so I figure if we don't have a date by Jan we'll loose our grant again too!

I contacted MG a week ago and gave them my order number and they said there is still no build date for my car. ZS EV SE LR in black ordered November.
Same here.
Most annoying aspect is order number is 25k(!) lower than someone whose recently received their order in the shipping updates thread.

Same here.
Most annoying aspect is order number is 25k(!) lower than someone whose recently received their order in the shipping updates thread.
We are on same boat. Is ZS getting a facelift in 2023

If no built date by Jan, i dont think we will be getting these with in 18 month time frame

We are on same boat. Is ZS getting a facelift in 2023

If no built date by Jan, i dont think we will be getting these with in 18 month time frame
That leads to my dilemma.

Current car costs ~£120/month more than the deal I'll be getting on the ZS.
So if I wait another say 5 months, that's an extra £600 I'll have shelled out.

I could swap the order to a Renault ZOE. I've had two and like the car and it's fine for my needs but would be more expensive than the MG, over the full contract an extra £2800.

So if I order a ZOE I'll save ~£250 over the next few months, but be down an extra £2500 over the full contract, compared to hanging on and saving £2200 over the long term...

And if the grant expires the MG will end up being around the same price as the ZOE anyway.

That leads to my dilemma.

Current car costs ~£120/month more than the deal I'll be getting on the ZS.
So if I wait another say 5 months, that's an extra £600 I'll have shelled out.

I could swap the order to a Renault ZOE. I've had two and like the car and it's fine for my needs but would be more expensive than the MG, over the full contract an extra £2800.

So if I order a ZOE I'll save ~£250 over the next few months, but be down an extra £2500 over the full contract, compared to hanging on and saving £2200 over the long term...

And if the grant expires the MG will end up being around the same price as the ZOE anyway.
Personally i would wait for ZS over Zoe, not only due to extra costs but the type of vehicle as well.

I am sticking with ZS and if its not here in April, probably switch to an ICE car. The savings are not the same anymore

Same here.
I'll never be getting mine then!! Ordered Nov and my number is in the 53k!!!

@Vanarama any news on build dates yet?
Awkward The Office GIF

@Vanarama ..... Just cancel all our orders, write off the electric chargers cost. Move on.
Lease the cars when you physically have them and get 180 odd a month more than you are going to get from us. It is boring now. Time to wrap it up and move on with your Vanarama life and just accept us getting free chargers and put it down as a lesson learned. You make the cost back in 2 months rentals from new fools who will be happy to pay 450+ per month.

It's the only thing that makes sense now.

Accept your fate. Salvage some pride for the Vanaramians that work for you. Having them make these pointless phone calls every month will be affecting their mental health.

As we are unlikely to receive our cars. Just ordered a citroen c4 e shine plus front zen auto. This car is similar in size to the z4. It's miles better in looks and quality of build. Smaller range could be an issue for some.
I ordered a pre reg (72 plate). 4- 6 weeks lead time . 10k miles a year for 3 years. £2k first payment and £292 per month thereafter. This top spec. Car is £415 pm. plus plus elsewhere. If my ZS turns up soon, or Vanarama give a real eta. I can cancel. I will loose the £99 processing fee only. They have a few left and may help some of the frustrated Vanarama clients like me out.

As we are unlikely to receive our cars. Just ordered a citroen c4 e shine plus front zen auto. This car is similar in size to the z4. It's miles better in looks and quality of build. Smaller range could be an issue for some.
I ordered a pre reg (72 plate). 4- 6 weeks lead time . 10k miles a year for 3 years. £2k first payment and £292 per month thereafter. This top spec. Car is £415 pm. plus plus elsewhere. If my ZS turns up soon, or Vanarama give a real eta. I can cancel. I will loose the £99 processing fee only. They have a few left and may help some of the frustrated Vanarama clients like me out.
Where did you get this price from? Not massive fan of Citroen, but willing to consider it at this price.

So with the news that the Marvel will be coming to UK market in 2023 will this replace the ZS. We was told that this current version mk2 would stop in 2023 but expected a mk3 face-lift model but with the news that the Marvel will come to the UK are mg going to sell to suv ev's?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom