Vanarama Issues

I asked MG if there is a build date allocated to my order number yet and they informed me that I should speak to the vendors as they should know. I spoke to Vanarama today and all they could tell me is the expected date is still April but there is still no other news on build date but they would ask and get back to me. As I am now sick of this I asked to change my order, as car prices have gone up so much I can no longer afford an electric, I won't accept a zoe. I asked for a quote on a citroen C4, I already had a quote from Zen auto and Vanarama were no where near matching it. £90 more per month for the trim I wanted and they wouldn't move on price as they are only a broker. Told me if I cancel I will owe £350 for a now redundant charger and if I swap to an ICE car through them I will owe £350 for the charger. I'm not prepared to wait any longer. I really don't think this car is going to be delivered by May and I don't want to pay another £80 per month because my grant has run out! I've found a good deal and don't want to keep missing out waiting for a car that will never arrive! Feel like I've been conned out of £350 and will look at options to not pay this! Let me know if anyone has any ideas other than refusing point blank to pay the bill they will issue!

1st I would make a formal complaint about how Vanarama have dealt with this situation. As they are governed by an ombudsman then they have about 8 weeks to resolve the issue in a satisfactory way for you otherwise you get a deadlock letter and can pass it onto the ombudsman who upon receipt of your complaint will charge Vanarama around 500 for the pleasure of reading your complaint, regardless if you have a valid complaint or not.

I asked MG if there is a build date allocated to my order number yet and they informed me that I should speak to the vendors as they should know. I spoke to Vanarama today and all they could tell me is the expected date is still April but there is still no other news on build date but they would ask and get back to me. As I am now sick of this I asked to change my order, as car prices have gone up so much I can no longer afford an electric, I won't accept a zoe. I asked for a quote on a citroen C4, I already had a quote from Zen auto and Vanarama were no where near matching it. £90 more per month for the trim I wanted and they wouldn't move on price as they are only a broker. Told me if I cancel I will owe £350 for a now redundant charger and if I swap to an ICE car through them I will owe £350 for the charger. I'm not prepared to wait any longer. I really don't think this car is going to be delivered by May and I don't want to pay another £80 per month because my grant has run out! I've found a good deal and don't want to keep missing out waiting for a car that will never arrive! Feel like I've been conned out of £350 and will look at options to not pay this! Let me know if anyone has any ideas other than refusing point blank to pay the bill they will issue!
We are so far down the line now, that our situation has changed, wife will be getting a company car now. I WON'T be paying anything for the charger, they can fly a kite, I suggest we all have that stance. Any idea until when we can cancel, I am hoping to tell them the day before delivery that I don't want their car.

Text rcvd:
Just to keep you updated on your MG ZS order, we still don't have a confirmed build slot from the manufacturer, however, we are still asking for updates from MG regularly and as soon as we have more information, we will let you know.

The current estimated delivery date is late April 2023 but is still subject to change.

We will monitor the progress and keep you updated. In the meantime, should you have any questions, please do contact us.

What a shambles

I ordered mine back in December 21. It was on HUKD at the time and seemed a great deal.

It is now an absolute shambles isn't it. My charger hasn't been used since it was installed in March. I have no idea if it even works. Who knows.

I am now starting to look for alternatives but they all seem so expensive which is probably why we will never see these cars from Vanarama... Anyone had or got any decent EV lease deals??

I don't think they have a leg to stand on asking for a payment for the charger if we cancel it. Vanarama should just stop messing us about, cancel our deals and let us all carry on looking for a new car.

I ordered mine back in December 21. It was on HUKD at the time and seemed a great deal.

It is now an absolute shambles isn't it. My charger hasn't been used since it was installed in March. I have no idea if it even works. Who knows.

I am now starting to look for alternatives but they all seem so expensive which is probably why we will never see these cars from Vanarama... Anyone had or got any decent EV lease deals??

I don't think they have a leg to stand on asking for a payment for the charger if we cancel it. Vanarama should just stop messing us about, cancel our deals and let us all carry on looking for a new car.
I’m not sure if this has been suggested but lease loco is a reasonable site for leasing comparisons.

Cheapest I've seen is a citroen EC4 on zen auto. Range isn't as good as mg zs though
The EC4 should be compared to the new MG 4. Similar size etc. It's better built, higher quality and to me looks better than the MG 4.

IMHO,
Vanarama should stop trading ...

So I've emailed MG again and part of me will be gutted if they reply that it's being built/shipped as I've given up waiting and ordered a ZE50.

This will be my third ZE50 so I know what to expect from them and in some aspects it's a better deal than I was getting on the ZS; £22 a month cheaper and whilst I lose the panoramic roof from the ZS I gain a heated steering wheel which, to be honest, I'd probably get more use out of anyway.

They can ask for a payment and with all due respect will be told to swing from a tree for it.
I have to disagree, I am all for not paying the charger if they change the terms, but if the car appears on your driveway at the price agreed then 10 days later you return it I don't think you can expect a free charger out of it?

The EC4 should be compared to the new MG 4. Similar size etc. It's better built, higher quality and to me looks better than the MG 4.
A lot more expensive though, £32000 - £35500 for the same range as the MG4 SR which costs £27,000.
You pays your money, you takes your choice.

Hi

just had the latest email from Vanarama. The repeated assertion that they are asking for info from MG has at no stage been backed up with evidence. It is my belief, that a company of this size should be able to obtain some form of information, including the likelihood of the delivery they placed being fulfilled.

The biggest issue that I see here is the loss of trust between their customers, and the company as an entity. It is quite possible to obtain director details from the companies house website, as well as letting our feelings be known in the National press and associated industry press.

I have no problem with any of the staff I have spoken to at the company. I do however believe the standard rhetoric that has been imposed by the company to be at the very least misinforming

I do believe that the company has failed to meet their contract obligations. For me, at the very least I will be asking them to remove the car charging device installed. Regardless of the fact it was installed by third-party. My contract was with Vanarama not the third-party.

for example

Attachments

• D73CB5AE-D339-441B-8113-377D502EA33A.png
    D73CB5AE-D339-441B-8113-377D502EA33A.png
    514 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
A lot more expensive though, £32000 - £35500 for the same range as the MG4 SR which costs £27,000.
You pays your money, you takes your choice.
Correct ref. The rrp. But the lease prices are similar hence my choice of the Citroen.

Any idea how many of the 400 of us are left? The extended grant runs out at the end of May for me, if it’s not with me before then I’m going to by a second hand diesel.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom