Vanarama Issues

Had this email yesterday.....

We have tried to call you to discuss your MGZS order.

Unfortunately, MG have not been able to allocate your vehicle a build slot yet. MG have now informed us that the most realistic estimate for delivery of these vehicles is the beginning of next year.

The reasons given by MG are due to a combination of global issues within the industry, including semi-conductor shortages and global disruption to supply chains.

This is an estimated delivery timeline at this point, we are in regular contact with MG, and as soon as we have any further updates, we will advise you. Obviously if they arrive any earlier, we will contact you straight away to organise delivery of your vehicle ASAP.

Your vehicle was eligible for the electric grant at the point of order, unfortunately the government removed the electrical vehicle grant in June, the rules applied by the government in doing this stipulate the vehicle must be delivered within 12 months from the time of application for the grant to be eligible.

Due to the delay, it is highly likely the car we have ordered will not qualify for the government grant by the time it arrives. Unfortunately, this will mean an increase in the monthly rentals. We have worked extremely hard with your finance company to ensure the price you get will be the best price possible, but it will reflect the removal of the government grant.

If you are willing to keep the order with us the monthly rental will be £276.70 with 9 rentals in advance

If the government offers an extension on the grant, then of course we will revert to the original price of £219.88

I have looked for alternatives, and even with the loss of the government grant all options are significantly more expensive.

If you are happy to proceed with the new price, please let me know as I will arrange with the funder.

I understand this isn't the news you wanted to hear, but please can you let me know how you want to proceed ASAP to avoid any further delays.

Thanks & regards,

So, similar to others. I replied with "....I'll stick with it and keep waiting". I might be lucky! Got no other options really. Even at the new price, it's still cheaper than alternatives.
What I don’t understand is that given the distress and inconvenience this has caused, surely Vanarama would offer the best deal to everyone. I am on the same spec and this is cheaper. That’s not right.

The latest MG EV Forum YouTube video, Miles stated that lease orders were not being fulfilled until all the private purchases had been covered, so people who ordered lease vehicles are going to be waiting some time 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
Is that even legal?

I appreciate that dealers may traditionally achieve greater margins from the private buyer , however I think a lot of Private lease customers and indeed business lessees may be a little peed off that their vehicles may be delayed, apparently purely because of their choice of funding.

I have finally given in and cancelled my MG ZS EV deal with Vanarama that I signed back in November. I need a car now and let's face it this car ain't arriving anytime soon, and will be an extra £2500 over the 3 years which does not make it a viable option to a petrol car.
I am gutted it's come to this as I really wanted an EV, but I will have a new car next month, just not an EV. Maybe at the end of this lease the world will be back to normal and EVs will be affordable!
I hope I am wrong and that all Vanarama ZS EV customers get their car before the grant runs out, I really do.

Received my call at the end of last week. Basically advising late Q4/Q1 ’23 for delivery. So if car doesn’t show up by mid December there would be a price hike of about £66 a month! Can’t see it arriving before then and I ain’t paying any more so it’s highly likely I’ll cancel. That, coupled with the rising electricity prices and inability to get onto a decent EV tariff now are making this less and less like a viable option.

The latest MG EV Forum YouTube video, Miles stated that lease orders were not being fulfilled until all the private purchases had been covered, so people who ordered lease vehicles are going to be waiting some time 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
Is that even legal?

I appreciate that dealers may traditionally achieve greater margins from the private buyer , however I think a lot of Private lease customers and indeed business lessees may be a little peed off that their vehicles may be delayed, apparently purely because of their choice of funding.

Is that even legal?

MG and Vanarama both can fly a kite as far as I'm concerned, I, fortunately, will have the opportunity to sign up for an EV Salary sacrifice scheme (Octopus). This means I can get a Polestar 2 Standard Range for an extra £20 a month (vs the new increased offer from Vanarama), I will take that deal every day so that I don't have to spend my hard-earned money with either MG or Vanarama.

MG and Vanarama both can fly a kite as far as I'm concerned, I, fortunately, will have the opportunity to sign up for an EV Salary sacrifice scheme (Octopus). This means I can get a Polestar 2 Standard Range for an extra £20 a month (vs the new increased offer from Vanarama), I will take that deal every day so that I don't have to spend my hard-earned money with either MG or Vanarama.
I like the polestar but it's nearly twice as much per month as the MG.
I'm just waiting for figures and lead times on the MG4 from Vanarama to see if it's worth swapping out of the ZS

I like the polestar but it's nearly twice as much per month as the MG.
I'm just waiting for figures and lead times on the MG4 from Vanarama to see if it's worth swapping out of the ZS
The only reason it is comparable is because of the Salary sacrifice (tax & NI saving). You must be a sucker for punishment if you are gonna put any faith in Vanarama to deliver the MG4 in any reasonable time or as promised.

Andy Could you please reach out to us as we returned our car last month on the basis we were told to expect the car in September. I explained that based on the September delivery I would return my leased bmw and that I would use my son's until September when he would go to university. So I had made it clear that on the basis of your advice I would be left without a car in August and at most I could cope with would be a month's delay.

Sadly I now find that I will be without a vehicle, a situation which could have been avoided if Vanarama had kept me informed, BMW were letting me extend month to month so this was unnecessary. I now am without a vehicle despite making an order in December last year.

I have been in contact with your team, who said they would look at a "loan" car or alternative, but today sent a standard email that did not address any my lack of vehicle. Can someone speak to me urgently?
Claire Robinson
Liverpool
Hi Claire ,
Did you get a reply?

Since getting the call from Vanarama about the further delays, and the likelihood of an additional £69 per month to cover the loss of the OZEV grant, I decided to get some dates from the various organisations involved, such as Vanarama, Greenhous, Office for Zero Emissions, and of course MG themselves.

Order placed with Vanarama: 20/11/2021
Finance Documents Signed etc: ~22/11/2021 to ~23/11/2021
Greenhous received order details: ~22/11/2021
OZEV Grant Application made on OZEV portal: 01/12/2021
HOWEVER
MG say they received the order from the dealer on 26/01/2022

Now, this is over 2 months since I completed all the paper work with Vanarama, and just under 2 months since the OZEV application was made.

So now I am wondering first of all how and why this has happened. BUT more importantly I am aware that it was 2 months of time that should have been spent in the build queue with MG but wasn't, and that has unnecessarily eaten into the 12 months OZEV grant application to vehicle delivery deadline that if missed will cost me an extra £2.5k as well as meaning my order was lower down the list.

This does not seem right or fair.

Since getting the call from Vanarama about the further delays, and the likelihood of an additional £69 per month to cover the loss of the OZEV grant, I decided to get some dates from the various organisations involved, such as Vanarama, Greenhous, Office for Zero Emissions, and of course MG themselves.

HOWEVER

Now, this is over 2 months since I completed all the paper work with Vanarama, and just under 2 months since the OZEV application was made.

So now I am wondering first of all how and why this has happened. BUT more importantly I am aware that it was 2 months of time that should have been spent in the build queue with MG but wasn't, and that has unnecessarily eaten into the 12 months OZEV grant application to vehicle delivery deadline that if missed will cost me an extra £2.5k as well as meaning my order was lower down the list.

Definitely not right or fair. They’ve essentially cost you £2.5k and an eve Ben longer wait for your car.

The only reason it is comparable is because of the Salary sacrifice (tax & NI saving). You must be a sucker for punishment if you are gonna put any faith in Vanarama to deliver the MG4 in any reasonable time or as promised.
Nothing has been promised . Everything is just an estimate. And, as I've said before my contacts in the industry say that everyone is in the same (excuse the pun) boat!

HOWEVER

Love your work, Kev. I signed my finance agreement about the same time as you. I would love to hear what Vanarama (Andy) has to say about this?

HOWEVER

I had something similar with my car order from a local dealer, not via Vanarama:
I ordered on the 2nd November 21, MG said that the order date was the 18th March 22 (about 20 weeks later). After much discussion trying to get to the bottom of this, I finally found out the reason:
My dealer received the order from me and placed the order onto MG on the 2nd November 21. However, as was their usual method of ordering, they did not put a customer name (my name) against the order - it was just for a LR T in red. You may remember that MG said that they were going to cancel any orders without customer names so my dealer finally added my name to the order on the 18th March 22. My dealer and MG said that this change would not affect the likely date to receive the car and I am currently being told that the car is at sea, arriving in a couple of weeks time.

So, you may not have lost the 2 months in the build queue, as the queue may still be from the 22nd November 21.

Don't worry they will be fair with you...... by offering you the bargain of £450 for a charger you don't need as your electric car doesn't exist.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom