Vanarama Issues

I think the repayments would have been about the same due to price increases since I placed my original order last November but as I didn’t want a black car I didn’t go into it. The MG5 I’ve got is Westminster Silver and looks very nice!View attachment 10809
That will look nice on my drive when I get it

Just driven our first long drive today, (150 miles) and it’s fine.
Easy and comfortable drive.
Stopped for half an hour and decided to experiment topping up charge at a Gridpoint charger. 20 minutes gave us about 75 miles extra range.
Played about with ACC etc and all good.
A bit confused about MG Pilot as it switched itself on for the first half of the journey but didn’t come on for the second half…🤔 but I’m sure there’s a simple reason!
Averaged just over 4kwh driving in ECO with some 65mph (Mways) on and off ACC combined with normal roads.
Plenty of luggage space.
We actually wanted the ZS but not being able to get one, (Vanarama), we cancelled as this was available.
Overall very pleased so far.
MG pilot won't just switch itself on, do you have Lane Keep Assist set to on ? (toggle on/off with the button on the end of the indicator stalk)
For Pilot, you have to pull the lower left stalk into the ACC position, set the speed, and then do a double pull towards you on the same stalk (pull twice - it's spring loaded so returns after first quick flick and then you do it again. NB - Flicking it once is resume ACC after eg braking).
On the dash you will see the amber speedo type symbol at the top of the dash on initial pull to activate ACC into standby mode, when you push the button to set the speed ACC is activated and it turns green.
When Pilot is engaged there is another symbol on the dash like cars overlaid.

Attachments

• 1662627914620.png
    1662627914620.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 1662628260112.png
    1662628260112.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 61
Has anyone transferred a car over from original lease to different car due to long delays. Just thinking of the free insurance Iv been offered on this car that I wouldn’t get it for the new one if prefers.

Why aren't Vanarama using a big stick?
Vanarama are owned / affiliated to Autotrader . Among the the advertising of cars etc.they ( Autotrader) also do promotions and reviews. So what would a ZS review look like? All zeros! Why! As None of the cars ordered in November " last year" have turned up we can't make a judgement. A bit of potental bad press might make MG play with a " straight bat".

You are assuming either party gives a saucer, vanarama when changing dates from september to next year were adamant it wouldnt be April but most will start arriving in Nov and all orders fulfilled by Feb and that was the update from MG but the account manager did say dealer still says April delivery and dont worry about. Now Vanarama seems to change position and say only update they ever received was April and it can go beyond

Funny how regular update actually means one update 8 months after placing 400 orders and than saying we might get another update in 2 months time 🤔 reallllly 🤔

We can understand supply issues but people placing orders way after us are getting deliveries, i can live with that but lack of communication, lack of follow up, total disinterest in looking after customer needs and disregard for any promises and timelines all knowing others are able to source vehicles for their clients but vanarama would rather sit silently and let customer suffer because apparently they dont make any money out of us, this is not negligence because of being useless but it is criminal negligence

MG pilot won't just switch itself on, do you have Lane Keep Assist set to on ? (toggle on/off with the button on the end of the indicator stalk)
For Pilot, you have to pull the lower left stalk into the ACC position, set the speed, and then do a double pull towards you on the same stalk (pull twice - it's spring loaded so returns after first quick flick and then you do it again. NB - Flicking it once is resume ACC after eg braking).
On the dash you will see the amber speedo type symbol at the top of the dash on initial pull to activate ACC into standby mode, when you push the button to set the speed ACC is activated and it turns green.
When Pilot is engaged there is another symbol on the dash like cars overlaid.
Thanks. Hasn’t happened since so I’ll worry no more about it..!

It seem that many people who order via a dealer in February are now getting delivery.

So rather Vanarama lie or MG tell porkies as I've been waiting since November and seeing poeple order the same car, colour and spec in February get delivery when I have no idea.

It seem that many people who order via a dealer in February are now getting delivery.

So rather Vanarama lie or MG tell porkies as I've been waiting since November and seeing poeple order the same car, colour and spec in February get delivery when I have no idea.
And that’s why I cancelled…

Vanarama aren't a dealer, they're a broker.
Their dealer is Greenhaus in Shrewsbury who, as the official PDI company for MG you would expect might be able to get some cars when they're delivered.

Vanarama does not care and MG would rather supply to non lease clients who probably did not get a discount due to bulk orders and hope discounted orders get fed up and cancel

Vanarama does not care and MG would rather supply to non lease clients who probably did not get a discount due to bulk orders and hope discounted orders get fed up and cancel
God knows what’s going on with Vanarama, however my LRZS is on a lease & I believe other leasing customers have had theirs.

Your issues seem more like a colossal admin foobar rather than it being a Leasing Company problem

Other lease companies are receiving their vehicles now, even after chasing up MG directly with order number, still on shortage list but order number after mine are delivered per tracking sheet

So instead of offering you that black SE they have told you to wait another year on yours.

I spoke to them and they were adamant to Feb delivery on trophy long range, but i dont believe it till i see it, you call in 10 times and its 10 different stories
I am waiting for a black SE…. Lol can’t they send it my way!

Is it me or has Vanarama gone very quiet, I was told I would be sent a new contract 3 weeks ago, and obviously still waiting (told them to send it, but I will still decide if I am going to accept).

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom