• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Vanarama Issues

Either way - I ordered mine back in January last year and no word other than the above.
They rang earlier today to give me 3 options
1. Continue to wait and hope I am in the 6000 they are actually building (out of the 11,000 orders)
2. Swap to a different car with not discount
3. Cancel the order and keep the charger if it's already been installed

Oder cancelled, keeping charger FOC. Leaving this sponsored Vanarama forum. All the best to everyone in finding a car. Sticking to European car and never going to consider a Chinese car again.

Interesting, thanks.

I appreciate it's frustrating for Vanarama customers, and they perhaps could've handled the situation better. But when I read the complaints on here I'm baffled as to how much leverage they think this lease company has. At the end of the day MG have more sales than they can fulfil, so all the threats in the world won't go far.

Poor form on MG's part really, IMO. That they can barely meet half of the outstanding is ridiculous. And when it comes to their communication, order system method of fulfilment (including supply to certain dealers where some are better off than others), as well as after-sales, it's become a complete joke. How they win these industry awards leaves me stumped - it's clear that the broader picture isn't being looked at.

Over a year now my retail order is still in the wind...no idea if it's actually been built, let alone on a ship. The worst is I'm not the only one, and it seems like it may be the case a bunch of us won't get their order.
100% correct MG's communication is atrocious, there order allocation of the MG4 is all over the shop. It would appear vanarama have been a bit of a victim in this also, as much as people are frustrated with them and I'm sure they could have handled things much better, they would have no say or be able to put any pressure on MG.
There is no way a company that's intention is to turn a profit would knowingly enter into this mess thinking they would end up having to give numerous customers a free charger and right off a good few thousand pound.

Had my Email and a call at 2, They must not know that unlike them we all don't work from home.
We are waiting on the SE but thinking about it I'm not gonna cancel and see what they do about that, I get a free charger whatever way, So I might not cancel just for the giggle, Makes no odds to me.
Someone a few posts above said that Vanarama lost the grant, Vanarama didn't lose the grant, We all lost the grant, Vanarama lost FA, Vanarama have kept us holding on for months with expected dates they just plucked out of the air, I have a friend who is waiting on some Vauxhall EV 7 seater van thing form them, He has now been given a date of April, But before that it was 31st December, Yes, New Years Eve.
When we ordered it was advertised as In-Stock, The charger is also not free, We waited in 4 times and had to pay 160 quid for a breaker install, So an absolute crock from start to finish.

Car manufacturers have a lot to answer for I just hope people have long memories. The power is most definitely with the dealers at the minute. The wait people are experiencing for cars is ridiculous my mate was 14 months for a new land rover discovery.
Some Kia's are well over a year same with numerous other manufacturers.
The tide has to turn at some point and it will be interesting to see dealers reactions to that situation when that happens

I posted this weeks ago that Vanarama will not be fulfilling all orders. This was confirmed by a friend who works for MG. I remember someone replying to my message accusing me of spreading fake news. I hope that person reads these messages.

Within the next 2 weeks I will have my top of the range E-C4 delivered. 32 months, 1 month deposit, 10K miles at £350 per month.

I posted this weeks ago that Vanarama will not be fulfilling all orders. This was confirmed by a friend who works for MG. I remember someone replying to my message accusing me of spreading fake news. I hope that person reads these messages.

Within the next 2 weeks I will have my top of the range E-C4 delivered. 32 months, 1 month deposit, 10K miles at £350 per month.
Where did you get the deal please

I have said I no longer want the car. MG have been a complete shower and I now have no trust in them.

Well phone call done and deal cancelled. Getting the charger for free was the only conciliation. MG are massively at fault here and i wont be ordering another car from them in a hurry! Luckily I had already found and taken a deal a couple of weeks ago that was a stock clearance deal with Zen which is no longer available think the EC4 was also on the same stock clearance and is now more expensive and Vanerama were no where near matching it. Ordered a citroen C4 1.2 130 bhp automatic c edition series £1000 down and £288 per month for 15000 miles. I have a reg number and delivery date so happy!! Dont want to spend over £300 per month and need something bigger than a corsa or zoe so can't stretch to an electric now! Oh well maybe in the future! Good luck to you all and hope you find a good deal somewhere!

Maybe not as much to run, But the top of the range ZS EV is £35,495,00 The absolute top of the range ZS ICE is £22,795,00.
That's nearly £13,000 pound difference in price, That 13 grand alone would last me 5-6 years in petrol, I'm not doing it, But you can work out how many years it will take to get that back, But I'll put money on it we are in the realm of 7-8 years, And with the average mileage most drive you may never get that back.
So no, There not cheaper to run anymore.
What you describe are ownership costs, not running costs.

Car manufacturers have a lot to answer for I just hope people have long memories. The power is most definitely with the dealers at the minute. The wait people are experiencing for cars is ridiculous my mate was 14 months for a new land rover discovery.
Some Kia's are well over a year same with numerous other manufacturers.
The tide has to turn at some point and it will be interesting to see dealers reactions to that situation when that happens
I have a long memory with these things. Especially if I’m brushed off by dealers who have full order books.

Had our call today, Feel for the salesman that was on the end of the wife's chain of thought.
Not canceled, Been waiting near on year and half, In for a penny and all that.
She bought up about the grant not having anything to do with her as nowhere was there any mention of it from the salesman or anywhere, Person on the other end agreed and admitted as such as they had never had the problem before as cars had always been delivered well within a year.

At the end of the day it is what it is.

My update from Vanarama said that of the remaining 11,000 UK orders for various incarnations of MG ZS EV's, that only about 5,000 are likely to be fulfilled.

There will be no SE trims fulfilled. Only Trophy trim with a mix of Long Range and Short Range and that the actual specifications and therefore potentially prices may alter.

My update from Vanarama said that of the remaining 11,000 UK orders for various incarnations of MG ZS EV's, that only about 5,000 are likely to be fulfilled.

There will be no SE trims fulfilled. Only Trophy trim with a mix of Long Range and Short Range and that the actual specifications and therefore potentially prices may alter.
That is all on MG there were happy to take those orders and string customers along, really doesn't matter if it's a company like vanarama or an individual they have treated them all the same, poorly! This would appear to be a constantly recurring theme with MG UK

I like the E-c4 but I couldn’t live with the range. Wish they had done a larger battery.

Well phone call done and deal cancelled. Getting the charger for free was the only conciliation. MG are massively at fault here and i wont be ordering another car from them in a hurry! ...
But you didn't order from MG, you ordered through an intermediary. Maybe if you had ordered through MG you would have had your car by now. 🤷‍♂️

But you didn't order from MG, you ordered through an intermediary. Maybe if you had ordered through MG you would have had your car by now. 🤷‍♂️
Not strictly true, mine is leased (ordered Jan 22, arrived Aug 22).

This is MG’s issue (presumably they are probably going to do a MK3 soon), but Vanarama have their part to play.

Not strictly true, mine is leased (ordered Jan 22, arrived Aug 22).

This is MG’s issue (presumably they are probably going to do a MK3 soon), but Vanarama have their part to play.
I have ordered through fleet (but not Vanarama) so in the same boat.
What could/should Vanarama had done to mitigate the situation?
they can only pass on whatever cars MG decide to give them

This. Much as, if I was a lease company’s order director, be going loopy at MGUK, they can’t force them to deliver product.

I’m sure SAIC would show anyone their “caring face” as well, and there will some legalese in the contracts people/leasing companies/MGUK/SAIC sign between each other that means they can cancel unilaterally.

Its still a rancid situation but I think there is little one can do other than telling MGUK to go fornicate themselves and going elsewhere

100% they have advertised this deal in good faith, there is no way they entered into this knowing MG's constraints on numbers or with any intention to be out of pocket for chargers and mess anyone about.
This impacts all orders of MG ZS's personal and companies.

The non delivery of cars is not Vanarama fault. However they are at fault for being absolute rat bags in dealing with us.

All we wanted was to be told if it wasn't delivered on time we wouldn't be expected to pay 80 pound a month more for 3 year out the blue from what we agreed.

Then all we wanted was to be told if we were not prepared to pay extra per month they would cancel it and we wouldn't be paying for unwanted chargers.

Not that hard to do. Instead all they cared about was trying to suck any sort of money they could from us.

Without a doubt in my mind the chargers were fired up at maximum speed as it then meant you couldn't cancel the order without being tied in to paying for a charger. Which is fair enough I guess. But not in these circumstances where they forced us to sit in limbo for over a year through no fault of our own.

All they had to do was give out alternative similar spec vehicle at roughly the same price, folk would have took it. Instead they offer nothing other than "you are free to cancel the agreement but pay is for the useless plastic box on your wall".

Now after all that they give the box for free. If they had done this months ago they would actually have come out of it looking good. Instead they look like fools with no other option rather than a good company who did something to help their customers.

Still not heard from the forum lawyer who assured me I would be paying for a charger or I would be getting taken to court etc..... Strange that.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom