Vanity plates for your MG4

I had a plate on retention already so it was a no brainer for me... Without posting my actual reg it's my nickname and initials.

Mine has a personal plate, it's been fitted to several cars since 2001. Most folks wouldn't be able to work it out but I like it although it is a tad pretentious maybe, but I do like the plate only having 5 characters.

If it was possible to have a single number in the old format, I would have killed for M0 RAG. That being my name. But there might have been a lot of competition.

See this one? It's a screenshot from the YouTube clip of the MG4 that swam through the flooded ford.

1699014074281.png

Looks like a normal 73 plate, and indeed the car was first registered in September 2023. I checked the company, LMAC Fire Systems, online, and there are photos of the directors. The driver of the car (who can be clearly seen in an earlier frame of the video) is the Operations Director, a Mr Lance McDowell. LM23 MAC.

I'm actually trying to work up the nerve to email him and ask after the health of his car. I'd love to know if it suffered any ill effects from its unexpected bath.

See this one? It's a screenshot from the YouTube clip of the MG4 that swam through the flooded ford.

View attachment 21322

Looks like a normal 73 plate, and indeed the car was first registered in September 2023. I checked the company, LMAC Fire Systems, online, and there are photos of the directors. The driver of the car (who can be clearly seen in an earlier frame of the video) is the Operations Director, a Mr Lance McDowell. LM23 MAC.

I'm actually trying to work up the nerve to email him and ask after the health of his car. I'd love to know if it suffered any ill effects from its unexpected bath.
Do it Rolfe!

It was stunningly easy to find out who he is. All the company's information on the side of the car, and a screen of mugshots of the directors on the company's web site.

Just wondering how you get to select a plate that's about to be issued in the ordinary run of things but just happens to be "personalised" from your perspective.

If it was possible to have a single number in the old format, I would have killed for M0 RAG. That being my name. But there might have been a lot of competition
Mine is a single digit plate, a little bit of digging would suggest August 1989-July 1990 and from Sheffield, how misleading!

Mine is a single digit plate, a little bit of digging would suggest August 1989-July 1990 and from Sheffield, how misleading!

Oh yes, I missed a bit out. 0 is the only single digit you apparently couldn't have. A lot of mileage to be gained from 1!

I had a shortlist of thoughts for the XPower. The final choice oddly was last minute inspiration and isn’t on this list but maybe some inspiration for others. I really liked the idea of MG04ZZZ for the sleeper option 🤓

1699030186597.jpeg

Just wondering how you get to select a plate that's about to be issued in the ordinary run of things but just happens to be "personalised" from your perspective.
As long as they have not been issued just yet, surely they are available?

A client of my fathers who lived in Derbyshire used to have their cars registered in the Isle-of-Wight as they had a holiday home there and in those days the ferry was free for I-O-W residents.

A client of my fathers who lived in Derbyshire used to have their cars registered in the Isle-of-Wight as they had a holiday home there and in those days the ferry was free for I-O-W residents.
Hi sorry to mention the fact that the IOW Ferry has NEVER been free, not for residents, visitors or anyone....The ferry companies are money grabbing Bug&ers !!! and there is no chance anything will be free from any of them ever !!! .... oh by the way I live on the island and have done so for the last 58 years. not that I'm bitter and twisted or anything like that towards our ferry operators !!!! ;-)

Hi sorry to mention the fact that the IOW Ferry has NEVER been free, not for residents, visitors or anyone....The ferry companies are money grabbing Bug&ers !!! and there is no chance anything will be free from any of them ever !!! .... oh by the way I live on the island and have done so for the last 58 years. not that I'm bitter and twisted or anything like that towards our ferry operators !!!! ;-)
I bow to your superior knowledge. As I said it was something my father told me, mind you he might have meant they got a discount on the ferry, and it was in the early 1960s 😁

As long as they have not been issued just yet, surely they are available?

Available, yes, but how do you get to choose it? When I got my Golf the dealer offered a choice of numbers from what was available, but it was only between a fairly short list of variations on the last three letters. I went for "AVO" because it was one of the available ones.

That guy has managed to get the LM prefix and the MAC suffix to the 73 plate, both of which match his company name and his own name (the company seems to be named after L. McDowell snr.). Maybe they went directly to the DVLC and got to choose?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 520 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back