Vanity plates for your MG4

OK I've been holding back but here's my gift to the forum. Available now:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-04-18-43-59-850_com.google.android.apps.photos-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-04-18-43-59-850_com.google.android.apps.photos-edit.jpg
    340.5 KB · Views: 65
My plate (currently on my BMW E60) will definitely be fitted to my XPower when it arrives.... spotted a 23 private plate that have my initial and surname but its £600 so one I may debate getting over the next couple of months or just stick with my current private plate.

I was tempted to get MG04 EVT, the last letter standing for Trophy. But then I thought what happens when I change the car? Unless I get another MG4 Trophy the numberplate is meaningless and do I really want to give the next owner a free £500 plate?

I guess my great great great grandmother McGregor's Scottish heritage come to the surface and I didn't get it 🤣

We ordered wifey's MG5 back in July and I had a little snoop round DVLA Numbers picked up a plate #22### which are her 4 initials in the right order for £250 inc transfer fees, seemed a good buy to me. I didnt tell her about it and I picked the car up, dropped it off to her at work. Later she said "have you seen the registration number, its got all my initials how amazing is that" :D :D :D :D

I suppose that's what Mr McDowell did. I didn't know you could do that.

My car is SL, which is Scotland of course, 23 for the year, then MKF. My initials are MK and a friend said F for female! I did say to the dealer when I picked the car up, congratulations on getting my initials on the numberplate, and he said he hadn't even realised.

My full initials are MGK and there's probably an MG connection in there.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-05 at 12.10.24.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-05 at 12.10.24.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Nice, I ended up at Halfords (with fitting!) as I was
Impatient when the deed finally turned up.

First vanity plate I’ve ever bothered with but it seemed worthwhile for a bit of a bonkers car.

I'll wait until its first anniversary (March) until I put my plates on.
Had them for 20 years originally on a Fiat Seicento 1.1 with my nickname (PEA)
Want to hang on to the 'new car' vibe a bit longer

I did contemplate a couple of new ones.... MG 04 PEA, or MG 23 PEA

I’ve never had the urge to buy a personalised plate, not even for a bit of fun. For me a car is a means for me to get from a to b in the warm and the dry. Although I do name my cars, my MG4 Trophy is called Milly. That’s as close as I get to personalisation. Mind you, I’m getting a bit lusty for an Ioniq because I won’t have to put up with the horrific firmware / software on the MG and LKA / emergency braking trying to kill me around once per week. Especially as I only drive two or three times per week. I’m just waiting to my step son to tell me how his works.

Yeah, I see now. I've never felt the urge to bother, although as I said if M0 RAG had ever been issued I might have tried.

At the risk of derailing the thread, I once saw MOT 10N in Sussex, and (on a flashy red sports car parked in London) 1 AM.

Not for the MG but when I bought my horsebox a lady at the livery yard reregistered her Freelander with MY02GGS, I really wanted that reg for my box.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back