Vehicle Control System Fault - caused by charger ?

Put my spanner the boot
Just an idea @Bazzer44 .
I have put a 10mm spanner in a resealable plastic bags and attached it to the side of the 12 volt battery with some strong water proof tape.
This way if I need it, I have it straight to hand.
No routing around in the glove box or in the boot trying to find it.
Just saying.

Just an idea @Bazzer44 .
I have put a 10mm spanner in a resealable plastic bags and attached it to the side of the 12 volt battery with some strong water proof tape.
Just saying.
Now that is what you call easier access. (y);)

And if as Kithmo says put it in the car and you won't need it lol
Will need a good tape so it doesn't rot or fall off 🤔
The small plastic bag actually sits on the battery tray itself, the silver water proof gaffer tape sticks the closing flap of the bag to the side of the battery case.

The small plastic bag actually sits on the battery tray itself, the silver water proof gaffer tape sticks the closing flap of the bag to the side of the battery case.
How all our Forum members care about one another is so uplifting and helpfull thanks

Just an idea @Bazzer44 .
Just saying.
I've wedged the spanner between the -/+ posts of the battery so that it's even closer to hand.

I had a problem yesterday. Had just returned form a week away with low battery so decide to go to one of my local free rapids (Engie, part of GeniePoint) to get me quickly to 80% before completing the charge and balancing at home.
Plugged in but the charger did not make a connection, retried and still no success. Decided to move on but hey...the tethered cable would not disconnect. Spent 20 mins on the phone with the charger company, tried all sorts I/they did. No success.
I tried using the emergency release under the bonnet, blimey that hurt, and still no success.
Called MG assist, said they would be there in 40 minutes.
And then the lightbulb moment....the 10mm spanner. Disconnected the battery for a minute and reconnected. Immediately that wonderful sound of the car unlocking the cable. I pulled that dammed thing out so quick.
Then home for a full charge.

I've wedged the spanner between the -/+ posts of the battery so that it's even closer to hand.
You would think by now MG would be supplying a 10 mm spanner as part of the assessory kit since many owners now see this as being essential.

When cars become computers we seem to have to resort to the familiar fix of, 'power it off and on again'. I think technology is going backwards instead of progressing.

Strange that the emergency release cable didn't work, that's the only thing physically keeping the cable in

Strange that the emergency release cable didn't work, that's the only thing physically keeping the cable in
Pulled as hard as I could. It's a tiny thin wire loop you have to pull, hurt like heck, cut right into the fingers.

Another use for the 10mm spanner, thread it through the loop and pull on that. :LOL:
the manual says....
Pull the release cable handle, remove the connector plug whilst maintaining tension on the cable this will release the locking device.

This is a bit difficult to do if there is only one of you there. To get a decent grip on the release I had to stand to the side of the car as you need to pull towards the rear of the car, so couldn't reach the connector at the same time.

Collected my new mg zs 2022 last Friday and already had two occasions when that happened. Each time called aa and they take a car to a garage. They said further investigation is required.

Pictures of the issue

Attachments

• 20220206_185348.jpg
    20220206_185348.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 176
  • 20220206_180628.jpg
    20220206_180628.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 177
  • 20220206_233340.jpg
    20220206_233340.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 187
Support us by becoming a Premium Member