Vehicle to load discharge cable

Do you mean an official MG one as you can buy them online just check that it is compatible with the ZS.

Yes I’m referring to the MG one. I didn’t know there were other options? Do you mind if I ask how I can find an alternative??
Not sure if these are available to you ?.

Good question OP, I asked on your behalf on a MG facebook group and the response was this:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
@Anf800 I bought this one, and it works perfectly.
Sorry, I don’t know how to do a link like you did…….

Attachments

• 0493FD40-9400-4C8F-812A-CDF563BA45BE.png
    0493FD40-9400-4C8F-812A-CDF563BA45BE.png
    1 MB · Views: 242
@Anf800
I haven’t had the update that apparently allows use of V2L whilst the vehicle is switched off and locked. It’s not been an issue for me, as I have only used it to run the tumble dryer, which is in the garage with the car, so perfectly secure. If you haven’t had this update, just be aware of having to leave the vehicle in ready mode, unlocked, and of course the drl’s will be on.

Ah, thanks. My facelift trophy is on a 72, picked it up a few weeks ago. It had 10 miles on it but obviously I don't know how long the dealer had it. I've ordered one of these so I'll see what happens when it arrives.

@Anf800
I haven’t had the update that apparently allows use of V2L whilst the vehicle is switched off and locked.
Had our ZS EV LR first serviced by the Chorley lads in Barnsley on Tuesday this week.
I asked them ( with help of Miles ) to check for any updates and please apply them ( as this was a 200 mile around trip, in order to get the work done ).
I was pretty sure that the car was missing the BCM update for helping to avoid the car throwing up HV fault codes when trying to conduct a D/C charging, as our car was delivered before the update was released late March early April.
@N2STY had his car updated a while ago and gave some useful advice on how you can get a good indication IF you car has already received it or not.
The rumoured V2L load update for the face lift model, was released much later and it was only confirmed by Miles on the last pod cast.
Today, I have tested our car when it is A/C charging from our wall box and it will now pause the charge and release the type 2 cable, when the car is opened with the key fob.
It would not do this before.
I have not tested if the VSL update has been done yet.
If it has it should allow the car to start the discharge process when in READY mode, then close the car down and leave and lock the doors.
I will try it and post back ASAP.

@Anf800
I haven’t had the update that apparently allows use of V2L whilst the vehicle is switched off and locked. It’s not been an issue for me, as I have only used it to run the tumble dryer, which is in the garage with the car, so perfectly secure. If you haven’t had this update, just be aware of having to leave the vehicle in ready mode, unlocked, and of course the drl’s will be on.
WOW!! You can run a tumble dryer from the EV???

@JoJo
Yes, provided that the rating on the appliance is within the V2L capabilities.
Mine is a heat pump dryer, so more economical with the power, but I still wouldn’t use it at my daytime electricity charges!

Hi, I'm looking for help with V2L on my ZS EV.
I have tried 2 different discharge connectors now both with no success. (see attached picture) it seems like the car is recognising it as a charge connector.
Has anyone else had this issue? Can anyone think of the cause? I have measured the resistance of my latest connector accross pins PP-PE and that measures 470ohms as it should be for a discharge connector on the MG.

I tried the cable first from evcables.co.uk then I tried the one from ebay mentionned in an earlier post. Both didn't work. Same issues

Attachments

• 20230405_174127.jpg
    20230405_174127.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 228
Is your ZS a MK1 or Facelift version? The Mk1 doesn't have V2L.

The official MG discharge cable has a 2000 Ohm resistor, it would be worth changing it in one of the cables you have to see if that works. the 2000 Ohm resistor limits output to about 2.2 kW.

Face-lift version, 23 reg only picked it up last month. I'll see if I can get a 2k ohm resistor and replace the 470 ohm resistor and see how that works. Thank you for the help

I tried the cable first from evcables.co.uk
I bought one of the first batch of V2L cables that EV cables produced.
It works fine on our ZS EV LR ( Gen2 ) that we collected in March 2023.
I would have thought that both yours and ours would have the same resistor fitted myself ????.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom