• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

[VIDEO] What is Dual Charging & how do you use it on the GRIDSERVE Electric Highway?

Nutnut

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV

"Dual Charging allows two vehicles to charge simultaneously from one EV charging unit. Of course, that unit must have two connectors and have suitable parking space, but the hope is that more people using the GRIDSERVE Electric Highway will now be able to charge their cars in less time and get moving again. Let this short explainer show you the ropes and you can read our article for more details:"

Is this for real? I have yet to see a charger with only one CCS connector here in Germany. Even the 22Kw charging posts can charge 2 cars at the same time.:rolleyes:

Is this for real? I have yet to see a charger with only one CCS connector here in Germany. Even the 22Kw charging posts can charge 2 cars at the same time.:rolleyes:
Most rapid chargers here have 2 or 3 connectors: 1 Chademo & 1 CCS / 1 Type 2 and charge only one vehicle at a time. I would imagine the situation is rather better in Germany.

Most rapid chargers here have 2 or 3 connectors: 1 Chademo & 1 CCS / 1 Type 2 and charge only one vehicle at a time. I would imagine the situation is rather better in Germany.
I believe you can use the type 2 at the same time as either the CCS or Chademo.

As said above, most chargers have 3 connectors in the UK but the DC side is really only one output with a choice of 2 different connector types. The AC side is seperate and can be used alongside the DC output.
Chademo is being phased out and we are starting to see dual output CCS chargers like those in the video here in the UK too.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom