Osprey - Can you use the AC Type 2 while the charger is charging other car on CCS2

sagar0gadre

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Carrying on from my first help request, here is another one I am seeking help in understanding. While searching for the chargers, I came across Osprey chargers. These chargers had CCS2, CHadamo, and AC on the side. There was already an EV charging on the CCS2. I tried using the AC which was on the side using the Type 2 lead I had bought from my dealer. The Osprey charger turned green to blue, I think they do when a charger is starting.
However the same thing happened as with Instavolt chargers. The dashboard on my car showed connected, only to be disconnected again. are you (technically) allowed to connect AC when CCS2 is already connected? I used the App to initiate the charging so I did not touch the touchscreen. I am asking whether the charger will charge AC while feeding DC on CCS2?

Yes you can (or should be able to if it's not faulty).

What you can't do is use the other DC cable when one is in use, because there's actually only one DC output, it just has two types of connector.

Upvote 0
If it's disconnecting it's because it thinks there's a problem with the connection. these chargers do an awful lot of checking before they allow a charge to start and if any answer it gets doesn't match then it's "charger says no". If you can charge on AC elsewhere it won't be your car at fault, could be a bad lead connector or a bad component in the charger.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom