Wallbox Home Charger

Villanbee

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've noticed many posts about home chargers. Lots of comments about Rolec and Zappi etc, but I thought I'd post about my Wallbox.
I brought direct through the Wallbox website, but the process was actually managed by Bumblebee EV in Scotland, who really were excellent. I'm in England, so it cost £589 for a tethered 7.4KW unit with the government grant.
I have Octopus Go so I charge on a timed charge through the Wallbox app when the Octopus Go tariff goes down to 5p per KWh.
Last night, for example, I set it to come on at 12:35 am and go off at 4:25am. I started on 18% and when I checked it this morning it had 71%. So it's given 53% of charge in 3 hours 50 minutes. Seems pretty much right.
It always completes it's timed charges without issues.
The app is easy to use with the only, very minor, issue being that it connects to the box through Bluetooth so it generally takes a few seconds to connect. It says you need to be close to the unit, but I control it from the living room and upstairs bedrooms without a problem and the box is on the side wall of the house. If the Bluetooth can't connect, WiFi kicks in.
It also always sends me an alert to my phone ten minutes before the timed charge is scheduled saying that the timed charge won't start because the car is not connected to the unit. But it always does start the charge, so I always ignore the alert!
Overall, really pleased with it and I'm surprised I've not seen more of it on here.
It suits my needs. I don't need it to track fluid energy prices. I know when my electricity is cheap and the timed charge on the Wallbox does the job perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom