Warning Chimes with no visual clue

Same in the UK (mostly, except for motorways with variable limits on electronic signs). However the camera can often pick up the changed speed limit sign on an exit slip road and think that this applies to the current road.

I love the MG4's chime.... serenades me when I start the car..... when there's a speed camera 10 yds ahead.... when there's a school zone ahead..... and so on. In each of these cases, I can see why the chime had occurred.

However, there is a least one occasion on every other journey when the chime resonates in the cabin, and I have no clue why.
Is it a proximity warning stating that my wife is getting close to discovering all my hidden piano extras at home?
Our is there another suspect?
Haven't seen the hyper sensitive tyre pressure warning yet......
It's a mystery.....
It can happen if there is a risk of collision ( bird flying), you get a little close to kerb whilst driving or close to lane marking

I love the MG4's chime.... serenades me when I start the car..... when there's a speed camera 10 yds ahead.... when there's a school zone ahead..... and so on. In each of these cases, I can see why the chime had occurred.

However, there is a least one occasion on every other journey when the chime resonates in the cabin, and I have no clue why.
Is it a proximity warning stating that my wife is getting close to discovering all my hidden piano extras at home?
It's a mystery.....
My “guess” is the over speed warning. Just 31 in a 30 is enough for a chime. The speed limit sign enlarges for a millisecond but you are lucky to see it. It can be turned off. Hope this helps. KMC

Still totally random afaics (and my wife looking out too). Sometimes it even chimes pulling off my drive! Today on a totally straight open country B road in Norfolk (so flat), no hedges/walls/cars/bikes/signs/windmills/anything much in any sort of range. LKA/front collision/nav all off, and it chimes!

It's a mystery.....
I had this when my MG4 was about 8 months old. In the settings there is an alarm that you can turn on when the car exceeds a stated speed (you turn this on manually). Somehow, the setting had turned itself on and had set a speed of 20mph. Every time I accelerated past this speed the chime sounded. I took it back to MG and only one service bod knew what it was, but they fixed it soon enough. I suggest you visit the dealer to have it rectified as I don't know how they did it.

It's a mystery.....

It's the max speed limit setting! It drove me nuts for weeks. Somehow, it turns itself on - mine came on limiting (or telling me) that I was exceeding 20mph. I had to go to the dealer to have it turned off, but only one of them knew of its existence.

Also had a mysterious jingle today, on the M6, driving to Hampshire from Cumbria, a type of audible warning we hadn't heard before, we were also puzzled.
But reading the above, I think I've cracked it, it may have been a rear seat belt warning, with a suitcase on the back seat and possibly uneven road, putting occasional additional g-force into the seat sensor.
Perhaps I'll try driving the car from the back seat, lifting my glutimus maximus as I drive, simples? or can anyone suggest a more suitable perhaps simpler test 🤪😂

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back