Warning PM 2.5 filter came up today

ColinB

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
My HS PHEV Exclusive was purchased from F G Barnes Canterbury on 14/07/2021 and had its first annual service this year on the due date.
Today when driving I altered the temperature on the the screen which then jammed. I completed my journey, turned the car off and then back on again and the screen operation returned to normal. An MG Chinese glitch.
But then I noticed in small writing on the screen, PM 2.5 filter which the internet told me was an air filter.
I rang the service department of Barnes who told me that this filter wasn’t due to be changed until the second service due next year. They thought it would be ok to still drive until the next service.
Like another contributor on this forum, my car indicated that a service was overdue shortly after I had purchased it new. The explanation from Barnes was that the car had probably been made much earlier.
The suggestion is that this is another earlier than true notification of work needed.

That text is there on all HS's with a 2.5PM filter. It's just telling you that option is installed, not that it needs servicing (though it should really be changed every year as the activated carbon loses its ability to neutralize VOC's)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom