Was that you in your MG ZS EV?

DBedford

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Just to keep up with the Jones, in this case the MG4 forum , I thought I’d start the same for the MG ZS. We drive a MG ZS TLR in Red.

10/07/23 - Driving west (ccw) on the M25 North from the M11 junction to the M40 we were passed by a 21 plate MG ZS in red, the only one we have seen so far other than ours.

Having seen very few before mine arrived last month (Trophy LR in silver), there is a black one living round the back of my house
When we had our Gen 1 ZS EV back in 2019 we went almost 6 months before spotting another one on the road.
Every time we parked up people would come over ask us about it.
A 30 minute shopping trip could take over an hour.
My wife would go in the supermarket and complete the shopping and return to find somebody else asking about the car.
It was pretty rare back then !.
Back in 2019 ours was the only EV in our fairly small street of about 50 properties.
I can now flanked by neighbours on either side.
A Tesla 3 on one side and an Audi SUV EV on the other side, plus a nice Merc SUV EV about five doors away.
It was similar to a lesser degree ( at first ) when we collected our Gen2 Trophy LR in mid March 2022.
But I think more people have definitely become accustomed to seeing more EV’s now, as the volumes sales have increased.
I spotted a 23 reg black Gen2 dropping off at the local school one day last week.
The car was obviously very brand new and sparking in the sun ☀️.
The driver had a big smile on his face, so it was a very recent purchase I think.
A quick wave as he passed by.
So there is one other ZS EV close to our home address now.
My brother has owned a Gen2 silver Trophy LR for about six months now, after upgrading from the Gen1 model that was about two years old.

6800 Gen2 EV's registered up to end of 2022, likely to be near double that now as deliveries have ramped up. Always nice to see another one in the wild but not much of a rarity any more.
By contrast, my Volt is one of only 130 registered!

Well I had a bingo “house” moment today, driving the ZS I saw coming in the opposite direction a ZS series 1, followed by a 5, followed by a 4, I will hasten to add they weren’t one after each other they had other vehicles between them
A bit like buses, none for ages, then three turn up ! 🤣 .

When we got our Gen 2 MG ZS LR Trophy (Red) about a year back. I saw no other ZS EV for about 6 or 7 months and then this year I have started seeing alot more ZS EVs around my side. Some being used as Uber, some private.

We were at the Victoria pub in Menia Bridge on July 3rd and there was another Dynamic Red Trophy on the car park when we arrived.
I have seen many electric cars on Anglesey but the most popular MG has been the MG5 original.

Last edited:
There were two other ZS in our neighbourhood before my silver trophy. A black ZS exclusive EV and a silver petrol ZS. When I was longing for my car on shipping in past many many months, I often had walk to see my neighbours' ZS. I think I might exposed my identity because it is rare to have many ZS together.

Driving between Denbigh, Wrexham and Bodelwyddan yesterday for work purposes I saw a whopping eight MG ZSs 4 ICE and 4 EV.
Three black, two blue and three silver.
But still no others in my village yet.

Half a dozen MG5 taxis' in Weston super Mare, along with several ZS's and 4's. Howards MG must be doing a roaring trade.

Also on the way up the M5 yesterday just past Gloucester, saw a transporter loaded with MG4's. Presumably just left Portbury.

Princess Risborough Tesco today… is this you in white?

Attachments

• IMG_2052.jpeg
    IMG_2052.jpeg
    834.8 KB · Views: 72
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom