Watching movies while parked

Pretty good really, be nice if it worked whilst driving though ;-)

Did you try it? Obviously getting someone else to test it whilst you concentrated on driving lol
The police would take a dim view, sorry for the pun, as it can be seen by the driver and they might want more than a word

I can play video on my Merc's MBUX system, but as soon as the car starts moving the video goes blank as you would expect. I'd imagine the MG4 would be the same.

Oh absolutely, my huundai was the same, and yes you'd be done if police saw it... although nowadays people get away with murder literally do doubt much would happen

If it takes a USB can it play streaming off your phone since it’s plugged in the same way for carplay etc? That would be great for when parked up waiting for something. Or is it not that simple?

If it takes a USB can it play streaming off your phone since it’s plugged in the same way for carplay etc? That would be great for when parked up waiting for something. Or is it not that simple?
Very good idea! Would be great when getting a free charge at a supermarket! … will try that next time I manage to get a space and. A charging point 👍

In that case, I have Netflix & Amazon Prime on my phone, plenty of data so it should be possible to play all their content ?

In that case, I have Netflix & Amazon Prime on my phone, plenty of data so it should be possible to play all their content ?
I guess it depends on the type of software which plays video from USB. It would be awesome if it did work but I’m thinking it’ll probably not. If someone who has the car can try it and report back that would be great!

if your phone supported being a usb dongle, probably an android feature, its possible... not on iPhone, just ordered a Carlinkit 4.0 wireless dongle for CarPlay. will report back with findings. Got a stint in the euro tunnel with two young boys soon so video playback should be handy :)

if your phone supported being a usb dongle, probably an android feature, its possible... not on iPhone, just ordered a Carlinkit 4.0 wireless dongle for CarPlay. will report back with findings. Got a stint in the euro tunnel with two young boys soon so video playback should be handy :)
Hey, Have you got your carlinkit 4.0 yet? thinking of ordering one in advance of my MG4 also. Please let us know how you get on with it.

Although I heard some bugs in 4.0 but no definite review confirming.

Thanks in advance.

Hey, Have you got your carlinkit 4.0 yet? thinking of ordering one in advance of my MG4 also. Please let us know how you get on with it.

Thanks in advance.
One extra thing to worry about.
I've just been emailed to say that mine (ordered Oct 6th) is being delivered sometime soon by Evri (The latest name for Hermes).

Thanks in advance.
yes ! been using it for a week or so now, its quite good fro the money, from getting in the car to the CarPlay coming on is 15-20 seconds as the dongle boots up I presume. But after that its solid.

Ever so slightly lower frame rate than directly plugged in but very useable.

Audio is spot on as well.

Im still struggling with it picking up my voice but I think thats the car not the dongle becauce it does not pick up my voice with the cable plugged directly.

Will make a vid next time im going out.

Movies in cars? Add to the likes of phone calls via 'Android' and 'car play'. Pre heating seats on an 'app' while making toast in the house.
I think I'm in a world of my own just enjoying having not even a radio on, but just enjoying the interaction and experience of driving and just the car and me.

I've never been one for my living room inside my car.

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel