wavering due to lack of information

Can you easily cancel a contract for an order once you have signed up, or did you face some challenges ?
hi - short answer is I'm not too sure...
I was very lucky I think, in that the cars 2 MG in Barnsley sits in between cars2 Hyundai and cars2 Renault. I had found that both these garages had cars available immediately, and decided on the megane etech launch in the end (I'm in love :) ). they transferred the deposit from the MG4 to that car, and the Renault dealer reckoned that the MG garage would let the orders go through so they would have two cars to sell on without any difficulty

I’ve also been waiting over 4 months and watched as other people order the same car weeks or months after me and have already taken delivery. This has cost me as the PCP rates have increased and the trade-in price of my existing car has decreased.

My dealer has provided zero information. I contacted MG and they can‘t provide me with a build date.

This is my first experience of MG and I’m not sure they could organise a ****-up in a brewery. Their management of the order book is a joke.

If they treat customers this badly before they have taken delivery, what will they be like when I’ve got a car and it has a problem?

I’m going to contact my dealer next week to cancel my order. What a total farce.
The reason MG couldn’t give you a build date is pretty much as you described - the ordering process has been farcical at best, downright shameful at worst!

MG in the UK have been taking orders, but those orders were not then built by MG China accordingly, they just built whatever variations they wanted and sent them across in random batches.

It’s resulted in people being sold cars, and given estimated deliveries that were quite simply guesstimates at best!

From what I’ve seen on these Forums, apparently that process is to change this month, so that they are built to order.

How big the backlog is as a result of the previous shambles is anyone's guess though…waiting times will inevitably be pushed back for a while!

Can you easily cancel a contract for an order once you have signed up, or did you face some challenges ?
Zero issues, deposit refunded without question

Looking like a good transfer window for Speak EV Megane etech forum, wish I was on commission 😉

Don't know what you mean!

Yes but what they were selling on autotrader was the same colour and spec of car I ordered. So either they were not being truthful on their listing about beating the que and it being in stock, or they were selling cars they have in stock to boost their numbers and keeping everyone who ordered months ago still waiting.
I think they are pulling a fast one on Autotrader. Reading between the lines on their ad they have an MG4 in stock for a test drive. It reads "All New MG4 in stock and available to test drive - Quick lead times!" Yet if you go on their website they have no new MG4's for sale.
Might be worth complaining to the ASA.

Click bait. I rang around quite a few - very rarely does the advert correspond with what they have to sell - or the advert price!

Glad to be of service 😀

I’d just had enough after nearly 5 months with no idea how long it would take

I actually sat in the car I’m buying yesterday and pick it up on Thursday. It’s a lot more money but I have accepted that, and after months of soaking in the bad points of the MG4 I feel I can justify paying more for what at least looks and feels like better quality and reliability - and the fact I could actually touch it!

I've been waiting 4 and a half months now and latest info from cars 2 Barnsley MG is that they don't know when they will get a delivery or if any delivery that comes will have my spec - trophy in red grey or white

so I'm now looking to find a car that's actually in this country that I can buy, and have located a Hyundai Kona ultimate, or a Megane e tech. both are closer to 40k but after waiting so long I am just about prepared to pay that

what are peoples opinions on what I should do? keep on waiting or spend more money? my friend has a Kona and is very happy with it, I don't know very much about Renault and the Megane

mg4 has everything I want, but after 4 and a half months and no sign of when it might come I'm frustrated and
My daughter test drove the Megane E Tech Techno spec yesterday. What a lovely car!

I won't say too much as it is an MG forum :) - however I totally agree what a lovely car! I had a test drive in a techno too, and it was really, really good. as regards price the MG4 is outstanding value and based on that wins hands down, its just that over 5 months with no sign as to when one will arrive is not a great position to be in, which I why I went for the megane.

I am watching with some ironic interest now to see a post saying that 5000 mg4's have just arrived :)

oh and I don't have to worry about oil stains on my block paved drive now - fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Personally, I would go what I really want, even if it meant waiting. As people have said, the price difference is quite a bit, is the Megane worth that ?

Here is a very good Megane v MG4 review with some great visuals... albeit in French....Megane e-Tech v MG4

Personally, I would go what I really want, even if it meant waiting. As people have said, the price difference is quite a bit, is the Megane worth that ?

Here is a very good Megane v MG4 review with some great visuals... albeit in French....Megane e-Tech v MG4
each to his own, and depends on circumstances, but yes in my case, after sitting in the megane and driving it, and considering the deal I was offered, its definitely what I want. from what I've read elsewhere there doesn't appear to be any problems that the MG4 seems to come with - unfortunately forums do seem to concentrate on the negatives, which over the long time I have been waiting have mounted up and preyed on my mind. all in all I feel so much better with this decision

each to his own, and depends on circumstances, but yes in my case, after sitting in the megane and driving it, and considering the deal I was offered, its definitely what I want. from what I've read elsewhere there doesn't appear to be any problems that the MG4 seems to come with - unfortunately forums do seem to concentrate on the negatives, which over the long time I have been waiting have mounted up and preyed on my mind. all in all I feel so much better with this decision
Enjoy your car 🙂

I was the same as vini I weighed up the pros and cons and decided the deal I got, with the discount and extra PX, was worth the extra money for the jump in quality and functionality ( in my opinion)
It's not a one size fits all, so whatever suits peoples circumstances

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel