Well done MG 4

I’m driving a loan 5 while my 4 is under investigation.
Impressed with the efficiency of it, seems to go for ages between charges, even with me ‘using the performance’.
A lot more efficient than my 4, even when it was performing normally.
It’s not the facelift 5 with the big battery.

I’m driving a loan 5 while my 4 is under investigation.
Impressed with the efficiency of it, seems to go for ages between charges, even with me ‘using the performance’.
A lot more efficient than my 4, even when it was performing normally.
It’s not the facelift 5 with the big battery.
You would think it would be the other way and the 4 would be the more efficient with the ground up platform, is there much difference in weight between a 4 and 5

Does the MG 5 have a heat pump in UK? That might explain some of the difference
No it doesn’t no UK MG has a heat pump as far as I know my wife has a 4SR and it’s well down on what my MK1 5 could do.even in winter hopefully it will improve with the weather but I don’t think it will ever be as good as my old 5 was
I now have the new 5 MK2 and that’s not as good as my other was up to now mid 3mpkh old one was always 4- 4.6/7 but early days yet for the new one still only 500 odd miles done
Les

Last edited:
No it doesn’t no UK MG has a heat pump as far as I know my wife has a 4SR and it’s well down on what my MK1 5 could do.even in winter hopefully it will improve with the weather but I don’t think it will ever be as good as my old 5 was
I now have the new 5 MK2 and that’s not as good as my other was up to now mid 3mpkh old one was always 4- 4.6/7 but early days yet for the new one still only 500 odd miles done
Les
Interesting. Altho' the MG5 SR is my only EV experience, reading all the reviews of various brands & models, I have to say it seems pleasingly efficient even compared to the more high-tech models. My monthly averages in summer were 4.7miles/kW in August and 4.6miles/kW in September. My "whole winter" average (November to date) is currently 3.4, including a lot of use in sub-zero temps. I'm really pleased. Altho' I like the look of the MG4, I shall be applying my "laptop/phone upgrade" principle, i.e not doing after the incremental improvements you get over 2-3 years, but holding on for the "step-change" improvement that seems to come in most technology after about 5 years. Something you really can notice....

‘Goes well through’ is the nicest thing that you can say about your new match? 🤪

God no, it’s awful looking inside and out, and terrible spec (no heater mirrors or climate etc)
Goes well though.
The opposite to your 4 then

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums