Well Sorry to say the ZS has gone.

Electrifried

Established Member
Reaction score
Sold my car today. Was going to sell due to new car arriving Oct but prices on second hand cars is strong at moment so took the opportunity of a good price. Going to miss the MG ZS, wife is in tears, she loved that car 😢😥

Sold my car today. Was going to sell due to new car arriving Oct but prices on second hand cars is strong at moment so took the opportunity of a good price. Going to miss the MG ZS, wife is in tears, she loved that car 😢😥
Glad you got a good price. Though I never understand people saying they'll miss something they clearly didn't have to sell, when they really wanted to, in order to buy something they want more, lol! But thats just the Asbergers in me I suppose.

So what are you getting in October?

Its a great time to sell second hand - prices are high.
This is the third person to sell their ZS EV’s this week alone.
Prices are strong at the moment.
Delays in new EV’s are part way responsible for this demand I guess.
I still think some people think that you can simply just walk into a show room and order an EV and expect to receive it in just a few short weeks !.
If it’s a stock item, then maybe 🤔.
But not with a factory order.
We ordered our ZS EV in July 2019 and finally took delivery in Jan 2020.
We decided to wait until 2020 to register the car.
Sold my previous PHEV in November 19 and we used my wife’s car until the ZS arrived two weeks before Xmas 19.

Glad you got a good price. Though I never understand people saying they'll miss something they clearly didn't have to sell, when they really wanted to, in order to buy something they want more, lol! But thats just the Asbergers in me I suppose.

So what are you getting in October?
We are getting a Skoda Enyaq 80iv. We were considering keeping the MG as a second car but I’m retiring end of year and we probably won’t need 2 cars so the opportunity arose for a good offer and we thought it best to take the money and run.😂

We are getting a Skoda Enyaq 80iv. We were considering keeping the MG as a second car but I’m retiring end of year and we probably won’t need 2 cars so the opportunity arose for a good offer and we thought it best to take the money and run.😂
Nice choice, range should be great too :)

Used car prices are certainly going crazy. I nearly bought a 2 year old Tesla just over a month ago from a dealer, but decided to wait a bit. Out of interest as I still had it, I put the registration into we buy any car a few days ago, who offered more for the car than the retail price agreed on a month earlier!

Last edited:
This is the third person to sell their ZS EV’s this week alone.
Prices are strong at the moment.
Delays in new EV’s are part way responsible for this demand I guess.
I still think some people think that you can simply just walk into a show room and order an EV and expect to receive it in just a few short weeks !.
If it’s a stock item, then maybe 🤔.
But not with a factory order.
We ordered our ZS EV in July 2019 and finally took delivery in Jan 2020.
We decided to wait until 2020 to register the car.
Sold my previous PHEV in November 19 and we used my wife’s car until the ZS arrived two weeks before Xmas 19.
I picked mine up 7 days after paying the deposit.
I could have picked it up sooner but waited till a weekend due to distance from work.

And this was the beginning of July this year:cool:

Think some models have more supply that others - seems to be MG5 standard range available as potential buyers waiting on long range being released - good position to be in if standard range is what you’re looking for though. Saying that, fewer MG5 sitting on local Arnold Clark forecourt than there were a week or two back.

Sounds like ZS EV prices are strong 2nd hand, interesting to see what changes once recent boat load of cars reach showrooms. Sounds like perfect time to sell though.

Last edited:
Nice! Strangely enough, that's what I've got and the ZS EV is the wife's car. I'm not retiring so we need both cars! ;)

Cheers

Bloggsy

I picked mine up 7 days after paying the deposit.
I could have picked it up sooner but waited till a weekend due to distance from work.

And this was the beginning of July this year:cool:
Early adopters of the ZS EV had a LONG waiting times for their cars.
The OLEV grant was £3500 at the time and then MG matched this discount with the same offer, you had to place a £1,000 refundable deposit.
The wait is extremely short if the car is a "Stock" item.

Early adopters of the ZS EV had a LONG waiting times for their cars.
The OLEV grant was £3500 at the time and then MG matched this discount with the same offer, you had to place a £1,000 refundable deposit.
The wait is extremely short if the car is a "Stock" item.
Ex demo, 2.5 miles on the clock, they said it was a slow month so can pre reg and sell as ex demo.
Worked for me but i am aware of long wait times on most cars with a chip in it.

Being a pc gamer i know all about chip supply issues.

Ps.. due to covid, car manufacturers dropped their need for their xx amount of cpus a day, in jumped nvidia and amd and bought up all available manufacturing slots for gpu wafers.
Amd also have massive demand for their latest 5xxx cpus as well.

The world returned to some sense of normality and the car manufacturers found themselves at the back of the chip wafer queue. :(

Btw the word on the street is graphics card gpus will be in short supply through most of next year as well, and they are up the queue from the car people.

I know I'm lucky as i got a cpu, gpu(3090) and a new ev car.

Just to balance it out i caught covid early in the year and couldn't breathe without oxygen for a solid 3 weeks, add a touch of double pneumonia from covid and the fact I'm in my 40's- i count myself extra lucky.

Last edited:
The Kona Electric had a 12 month waiting list!
I ordered my Kona in May and it'll be here at the end of the year apparently. Zero in stock so had to factory order it, but that gave me the option to choose the light grey leather instead of the standard black.

Just to balance it out i caught covid early in the year and couldn't breathe without oxygen for a solid 3 weeks, add a touch of double pneumonia from covid and the fact I'm in my 40's- i count myself extra lucky.
That truly brings the whole thing into some type of perspective my friend.
Really glad you are feeling much better now !.
Your life can change overnight.

That truly brings the whole thing into some type of perspective my friend.
Really glad you are feeling much better now !.
Your life can change overnight.
The care in the hospital was great as could be and the food was actually nice.
Didn't stop me losing a stone.
My good luck is plentiful this year. :ROFLMAO:.

Anyway I'm glad i went the ev route as i've not smiled so much at the effortless clean driving.

Well as this thread has a lot of waiting times this is how mine went:

December 10 I went for a test drive in a ZS EV.
December 11 I decided to order and placed a £500 deposit.
December 12 Collected my new car.

I had a choice of colour as well.

Dave

Similar here. I purchased a pre-registered car and got it in a few days delivered to home. I never set foot in the dealership. All done over the phone and online.

Similar here. I purchased a pre-registered car and got it in a few days delivered to home. I never set foot in the dealership. All done over the phone and online.
Mine wasn't pre-registered, in fact, after I paid the deposit (over the phone) the dealership emailed a list of registration numbers so I could choose whichever I wanted. I chose one with the last three letters the same as the car I traded in - for a very good price.

Dave

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom