What can I get as a private sale for my ZS EV Exclusive?

John Sauve Rodd

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi MG EV owners and addicts. I'm set on getting a 2022 75KwH model but offered pants p/ex by dealer - I've been hearing how the s/h car market is rising and rising - but what's your experience of the market for s/h EVs of the 45KwH variety? (20 reg, 3300m, Excusive).

Thanks

John

You could pick up 20 reg exclusives when new for under £21k so the value of £20925 now - looks ok due to the strong used market. It may not be to you depending on what you paid new of course. 🙁 Check adverts on Autotrader to get a feel for advertised prices. Not many private sales around.

I did. £20,925. Not a lot diff to the dealer's trade in, making me think Cazoo (and others like them) are just another form of trade buyer.
They are. How much more than that were you expecting given they could be bought for £21,995 brand new for most of 2020 - and £20,495 for a pre-reg for a while, too.

I think dealers are generally offering figures at similar valuations to the WBAC rates.
Knowing that owners will have likely looked at this for some indication of the cars value before asking a dealer for a price ?.

Yes. My experience of WBAC is that they seldom pay what they quote and try to chip away at the value finding silly excuses. I personally wouldn’t use or recommend them.

Yes. My experience of WBAC is that they seldom pay what they quote and try to chip away at the value finding silly excuses. I personally wouldn’t use or recommend them.
Only if the car isn’t as described - there’s a section on the website to enter any damage and it changes the valuation accordingly.

Yes, they do pick up on everything, but if you declare it rather than hoping they won’t notice or it’s too minor then they’ll give you an accurate price before you even go there.

Yeah - I have personally witnessed this trend myself.
The person carrying out the appraisal has to justify his job and salary, so therefore looking to uncut the offer price.
Finding a couple of small stone chips on the bumper / bonnet is likely to cost you £500 to £700 off the offered price.
Remember these are cars that have been used on the road, they are not showroom car anymore !.
Show me any car that does not have a single stone chip after just one of our U.K. winters ?.
Don’t you just LOVE them gritting lorries 😤.
That is why they are called “Used Cars” and not “Brand New Cars”.

Only if the car isn’t as described - there’s a section on the website to enter any damage and it changes the valuation accordingly.

Yes, they do pick up on everything, but if you declare it rather than hoping they won’t notice or it’s too minor then they’ll give you an accurate price before you even go there.
Perhaps your experiences are different to mine. I know my cars and I don’t see any point in not being honest when appraising them for a value. I’ve had a completely different experience with WBAC compared to other trade buyers and as I said, I wouldn’t recommend them for that reason.

I checked out Cazoo last month:

WBAC / Carzoo and dealers will be looking to add about 2 - 3 grand to offer price to resell on our car !.
Quick turn over on a car with full service history and still with the remainder of the manufactures warranty is good turnaround.

You could pick up 20 reg exclusives when new for under £21k so the value of £20925 now - looks ok due to the strong used market. It may not be to you depending on what you paid new of course. 🙁 Check adverts on Autotrader to get a feel for advertised prices. Not many private sales around.
I paid liust £30k less the various allowances and discounts £27.5 less trade in of existing car. Acc to you (and others) I've been royally shafted. Is this the case? The dealer in Kent's sticker prices were widely advertised. Who was selling the EV Exclusives for £21K because I'd go to them for a new model?!!

I paid liust £30k less the various allowances and discounts £27.5 less trade in of existing car. Acc to you (and others) I've been royally shafted. Is this the case? The dealer in Kent's sticker prices were widely advertised. Who was selling the EV Exclusives for £21K because I'd go to them for a new model?!!
I’ve not said that you’ve been ‘shafted’. There are many factors to take into account when you buy a car - not just the price. The part-ex must also be factored in. Enhanced finance deals. Extras etc. I was commenting on prices based on great residuals and discounted purchase prices when new. I’m not sure what discounts are about on the latest model but would guess nowhere near as good as on the first one. Plus the government grant has also reduced. I would recommend as a good place to start to look at new cars advertised on Autotrader to give you an idea what’s about. Then sites like Car Wow will provide 5 dealers with discounted offers. At the end of the day it’s up to you how you spend your money.

I’m not sure what discounts are about on the latest model but would guess nowhere near as good as on the first one.
Very little is the answer to this question 🤣.
Gov grant and a £1,500 contribution IF you take out the MG finance .
The Chorley group are adding a £500 discount offer and a type 2 cable and matts, if you order through them.
No infinity scheme on the face lift model ( as of yet ).

Where did you see and who are they who sold new EV Exclusives for under £22k? I opaid (see another post) a great deal more.

I’ve not said that you’ve been ‘shafted’. There are many factors to take into account when you buy a car - not just the price. The part-ex must also be factored in. Enhanced finance deals. Extras etc. I was commenting on prices based on great residuals and discounted purchase prices when new. I’m not sure what discounts are about on the latest model but would guess nowhere near as good as on the first one. Plus the government grant has also reduced. I would recommend as a good place to start to look at new cars advertised on Autotrader to give you an idea what’s about. Then sites like Car Wow will provide 5 dealers with discounted offers. At the end of the day it’s up to you how you spend your money.
OK. I feel less bad. In fact as we bought the EV thru a Ltd Co there was a substantial tax benefit as well; nevertheless I am being quoted £30995 for a 2022 Trophy + £695 for red paint and that's after the meagre govt grant. But I must have the range if I am to motor green to Belgium where the grandchildren are, and soon-ish Antwerp and other cities will say 'NO!' to ICE cars. The round trip to Antwerp costs £50 in petrol for the wife's Mini Cooper vs. abt £15 for electricity.

They are. How much more than that were you expecting given they could be bought for £21,995 brand new for most of 2020 - and £20,495 for a pre-reg for a while, too.
Agree - I paid 20495 for my pre reg. a year ago and now have been offered 20k as a trade in price against a new 5 LR

Where did you see and who are they who sold new EV Exclusives for under £22k? I opaid (see another post) a great deal more.
I bought one from Paul Rigby MG in Longbridge for that price in September 2020, a load of other dealers were running the same offer and it had been running for a few months prior.

Not long after, Vic Young in South Shields had a load of pre-registered ones for the £20,495 I mentioned.

I bought one from Paul Rigby MG in Longbridge for that price in September 2020, a load of other dealers were running the same offer and it had been running for a few months prior.

Not long after, Vic Young in South Shields had a load of pre-registered ones for the £20,495 I mentioned.
Yip, that's where I got mine Kiltox and...they delivered it to Scotland FOC !

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom