What can you get in your MG ZS EV?

TassiedEVil

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I’ve had an occasional question about the boot space in the ZS and it got me thinking - just what can you fit in there?
How many suitcases? Surfboards? Bikes? Scooters? Hay bales? Mattresses? Drum kits? Armchairs? Harpsichord?
Any suggestions regarding the best way to maximise the space might help others and of course, extra points for photos or
illustrations!

Did you know the backs of the seats can be removed to make even more space? Check out Tesla Bjorn and his banana box test when reviewing EV’s.
I knew. The main issue was the front passenger seat. Lucky its ikea and its flat pack boxes, so height wasn't the issue, length might have been...😶

And bonus answer is 20 banana boxes....🤣

Not strictly related to boot space but I was amazed that I was able to transport several lengths of timber 2.4m in length. Lowered the back seat and passed them through between the front seats. Pretty impressive but then again I'm impressed with this car.

I fitted one of these sets of drawers in the back with the rear seats folded down. Dimensions are H 131cm x W 92cm x D 49cm

Attachments

• 30617572.jpg
    30617572.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 193
Do you mean remove or fold down? They don‘t seem to lie very flat when I put them down...
He just folds them down in the video, though someone in the comments says they can be detached and stored in the rear footwell. Pretty entertaining video here:

And here's a video showing how they're quite easily detached.

Last edited:
I can easily fit a full set of golf clubs and a trolley in the boot without moving the seats or parcel shelf. I do need to remove the driver from the bag and put it in the boot separately, but that is all.
I had a 2 second double take when you said you had to ‘remove the driver from the bag’...🤪

I’ve had an occasional question about the boot space in the ZS and it got me thinking - just what can you fit in there?
How many suitcases? Surfboards? Bikes? Scooters? Hay bales? Mattresses? Drum kits? Armchairs? Harpsichord?
Any suggestions regarding the best way to maximise the space might help others and of course, extra points for photos or
illustrations!
Wife, three children and our dog - oh myself too

illustrations!
Two days after purchase we had three adults and a boot full of potted plants that we drove from Tauranga to Auckland. While there we had five adults in the car (none in the boot). It was cozy in the back.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom