What do you think of mg5 insurance 32d?

From the perspective of a young driver, 20, male, live on the south coast, driving for 3 years, 3 years NCB, no claims or convictions , +ambulance service response driving certification.

MG5 Exclusive Leased 22 plate. With admiral littlebox for the first year at £890.00

This year quoted £3000 with admiral and the cheapest I’ve been able to get anywhere else is £1569. Really strange as nothings changed apart from the fact I’m a year older with another years NCB… 🥴

That doesn't seem right. Do you still have the black box?
Yeah my renewal quote was with the black box and the quote I had for 1500 was with ticker again with a black box… it seems that if I just put in my model without a registration I get quoted around 750 with a black box but as soon as i put in my registration it goes back up. Also when I attempt to get a quote for insurance from any of the major providers (Hastings, RAC, AA, LV etc.) they all just say they’re unable to give me a quote. Just seems really odd…

Yeah my renewal quote was with the black box and the quote I had for 1500 was with ticker again with a black box… it seems that if I just put in my model without a registration I get quoted around 750 with a black box but as soon as i put in my registration it goes back up. Also when I attempt to get a quote for insurance from any of the major providers (Hastings, RAC, AA, LV etc.) they all just say they’re unable to give me a quote. Just seems really odd…
Most of the insurance quotes (22 plate MG5 LR ) I had this year were around the £800 ( or more ) , 12 years NCD . I went with Flow ( part of LV ) for about £300 . It might be worth given them a try . Of course I expect I'm a few years older than you ;)

Hey thanks for the tip, just tried flow and LV and the online tool just said they were unable to offer me a quote… flow specified it was due to my age, LV didn’t specify.

After some fiddling managed to get LV to give me a quote but it was for 2162.87. I’m just really confused as to why my insurance premium has essentially doubled when the only thing thats changed is I’m a year older and I have another years NCB…

After some fiddling managed to get LV to give me a quote but it was for 2162.87. I’m just really confused as to why my insurance premium has essentially doubled when the only thing thats changed is I’m a year older and I have another years NCB…
I think the insurers are extracting the warm yellow liquid at the moment 😒

Sadly insurance has taken a big hike this year.

Just running a quote for a MG5 I'm looking at later this week. 60+, with a younger additional driver, 9K a year (good area) & it's £544 a year. Which is £100 up on previous car ins from Feb.

The end of price walking (cheap intial then huge hike on auto-renew that a significant portion of people allowed to happen) and industry wide increases in costs mean as a whole insurance has gone up and if you previously shopped around, you'll find you were to an extent cross subsidised by other customers.

I still find it odd that at 42 adding my parents (62-65) brings my insurance down, I have multiple vehicles, of which the MG is the least powerful and least desirable to steal.

The end of price walking (cheap intial then huge hike on auto-renew that a significant portion of people allowed to happen) and industry wide increases in costs mean as a whole insurance has gone up and if you previously shopped around, you'll find you were to an extent cross subsidised by other customers.

I still find it odd that at 42 adding my parents (62-65) brings my insurance down, I have multiple vehicles, of which the MG is the least powerful and least desirable to steal.
Its all a scam. They stick their finger in the air and pick a number. I think there should be a lot more regulation and control around insurance.

Its all a scam. They stick their finger in the air and pick a number. I think there should be a lot more regulation and control around insurance.
I'm inclined to agree . I had my renewal quote from Churchill this year £800 + ( having been about £300 with Sainsburys) . I phoned Churchill to check if they had p$ssed themselves yet and the quote was dropped to £500 within seconds . Needless to say I didn't go with them , the most inept bunch I've ever dealt with .

Might be worth trying a broker and seeing if they can help.

Add someone older and experienced with no claims/points etc to your policy, it sometimes has a big impact (no idea why if the main driver remains the same).
What if you are older, experienced & have no points? :) we’re struggling to find a competitive quote without having to increase the excess to £500! I just got a quote for £890! That’s crazy .. I phoned a broker & he said it’s to do with parts for EV’s being hard to get so people have courtesy cars long etc etc.
Anyone else got any insurance recommendations?

We were £214 last year and cheapest I've found this year is £399. Bizzarely Aviva going direct was £450 but just over £400 through Go Compare for same cover. We're in our 60s with no points. The insurers are taking the P

Mines on an unlimited mileage company policy any employee over 25 plus spouse, it's £870 a year, with Aviva Fleet. They're the only ones that would offer me a company policy for one vehicle.
Simon

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom