What does an MG4 remember?

Gilbotron

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hello all, loving all your work and have been a voyeur of the forum for some time whilst making my buying decision. Picked up a Grey Trophy last week and so far so good apart from the normal stuff (I detest LKA...)

Wondering if there is actually a list of what settings the car does remember? A lot of the things I set default back every time it seems, but not 100% sure it is user error or the fact it just doesn't do it. For example

LKA always comes back on (covered to death I know)
Driving mode goes back to normal
Regen goes back to Strong

Would be useful to know what actually does stay as you set it for the next start, don't you think?

If you want LKA to stay off the only way is to cover the camera with black tape

I've asked my local dealer to delete it due to it trying to kill me twice, but they won't as its an EU requirement.
When I first got my car, it remembered the setting then it got updated and it's not always on unless turned off

Um. It remembers the audio source you were listening to and turns it on when you get into the car. It keeps its place if you're playing music from a USB stick so you can carry on from where you left off.

It remembers whether you want the screen illumination to be light, dark, or auto-switching.

In answer to your post title……certainly not “Geordie” when trying to call a person from voice command! I do not even have ‘staunch accent’ from leaving the area at 16! LOL

You can edit the settings of the custom drive profile (as I have) to remember brake, steering and regen settings. That way at least when you want these things to stay as they are each time, just put that mode on (left star button for me allows quick cycle though drive modes to custom).

Last edited:
You can edit the settings of the custom drive profile (as I have) to remember brake, steering and regen settings. That way at least when you want these things to stay as they are each time, just put that mode on (left star button for me allows quick cycle though drive modes to custom).
Could you explain how you managed this please?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back