What does this indicate?

SteveRW

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Always after starting I get an aerial view of the car’s outline on the instrument display when it’s going through it’s checks. The car outline has a red line behind the front seats and stays on for a short while before disappearing. Can’t find anything in the manual to tell me what this indicates?

I suppose it could be but most of the time the rear seats are not occupied so I’m not sure what it could be checking? Does it have a pressure sensor to check whether the seats are occupied? It always goes off fairly quickly and I was just curious to know what it was supposed to be showing.

Yes on closer inspection it’s not a red line but the seats are red indicated. This photo is showing the driver’s seat occupied and there’s nobody in the back so a bit confusing as to why this is showing red but not the passenger seat? Always assumed anything red was a warning.

Attachments

• CCDC5A8C-CA4F-416C-A624-BEC654EC40A5.jpeg
    CCDC5A8C-CA4F-416C-A624-BEC654EC40A5.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 52
The ZS Mark 1 does not have rear seat weight sensors; I don't know about the Mark 2. Mine shows a seatbelt warning for about a minute after belting. Just one of those slight annoyances. I think that the seats showing as red is meant to be a reminder to check that any rear passengers are belted. So helpful.

The ZS Mark 1 does not have rear seat weight sensors; I don't know about the Mark 2. Mine shows a seatbelt warning for about a minute after belting. Just one of those slight annoyances. I think that the seats showing as red is meant to be a reminder to check that any rear passengers are belted. So helpful.
The Mark 2 does. The car has dinged at me for having bags on the backseat or having the backseat folded down without the seat belt being buckled.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom