What goes from 0-62 in 4 seconds

Because it’s bloody good fun, in a legal manner (no law against accelerating smartly).
I don’t trust MG to build a performance car and wouldn’t touch it with a 40’ pole, but that’s another story.
The same firm are building VW’s 😂

The big party pooper with this will be when you come to insure it I suspect !
I looked up the cost using a Tesla as a proxy which has similar performance, they quoted £1,200 with an £850 excess. I don’t think it will be as high as a Tesla due to it being a cheaper car but it gives and indication. I paid £1800 for my Porsche but I lived in London then where insurance is ridiculous.

IMG_0405.jpeg

Side note - The two cars are insured with the same company.

It's the repair costs that determine the insurance premium if all else is equal. Ford parts are relatively cheap and easy to get hold of where as EVs, including MGs are difficult to repair because parts are in short supply and no-one is prepared to tackle any battery damage so the car gets written off instead.

Direct line quote for the current Trophy LR for me is £600, my current insurance for a Quashqai E-power is £340 and this cost me £38.5k !

Most EVs are new and without known repair costs. This scares insurance companies.

So why have none of my EVs (four of them) not cost me any more to insure than the ICE cars I’ve had before and in-between?
If this ‘fear’ was a fact, we’d all be paying more…but we’re not…. 🤷‍♂️

It’s great fun having a sub-4sec 0-60 car. If MG produced one at a decent price it would be worth it just to tease a few Lamborghini and mclaren drivers.

It’s great fun having a sub-4sec 0-60 car. If MG produced one at a decent price it would be worth it just to tease a few Lamborghini and mclaren drivers.

I’ve driven the 550bhp BMW electric thing.
Very addictive, really fast for a car.
Although they all pale into insignificance compared to a 1000cc bike.
The speeds they can reach in very little distance is truly phenomenal.

I’ve driven the 550bhp BMW electric thing.
Very addictive, really fast for a car.
Although they all pale into insignificance compared to a 1000cc bike.
The speeds they can reach in very little distance is truly phenomenal.
Teaches an awful lot of respect for road surfaces and conditions too.

Teaches an awful lot of respect for road surfaces and conditions too.

True
I always tend to scoff at people who gasp with incredulity when you occasionally hear of a biker getting done for xxx mph.
Honestly, the rider could have got up that speed in a very short distance, they have visions of he/she taking miles of dodgy riding… 😂

Back in the day I had a GPZ600R (the original middleweight king - the bike that effectively created the middleweight bike class) ... that would do 0-60 in 3 seconds - 2-up.

True
I always tend to scoff at people who gasp with incredulity when you occasionally hear of a biker getting done for xxx mph.
Honestly, the rider could have got up that speed in a very short distance, they have visions of he/she taking miles of dodgy riding… 😂

Some years ago a biker got caught near here doing 161 mph in a 60 mph zone. He got a prison sentence.

What does this prove?
That everything made by this company is the same?
No, that’s silly.
Factories that build stuff for other people do so to that client’s spec and costs.
It shows (rather than proves) that any car you buy these days is likely to have its origins or part of its origins in China where practically everything is made these days 😂 The MG4 was designed in London in association with the Royal College of Art.

True
Ah yes but my BSA C11 (1949 - just like me 🤣) struggled with yyy mpday but I loved it just the same 🤩

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 506 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back