What software version is the latest

The firm I leased Moby through have decided that servicing is getting done via a 3rd party, one would assume that they wouldn’t be able to offer the updates.

I’ve approached MG MK & asked how much they’d charge for an update outside of any servicing & will report back here should anyone else have the same issue.
Casting my mind back to the days of Comfort 2 update that was released for the Gen1 ZS EV which in most cases, was a chargeable cost to the customer …… it was about £80 - 90 ????.
It depends on the size of the update really ?.
A user info update is fairly quick, but of course this will depend on your location in the U.K.
I think you are looking at the minimum labour charge of one hour at least.

Casting my mind back to the days of Comfort 2 update that was released for the Gen1 ZS EV which in most cases, was a chargeable cost to the customer …… it was about £80 - 90 ????.
It depends on the size of the update really ?.
A user info update is fairly quick, but of course this will depend on your location in the U.K.
I think you are looking at the minimum labour charge of one hour at least.
Yeah, whilst paying MG £100 for them to plug in a USB drive & wait is a bit much, that sounds about right

Lol, what do you think this car is, a Tesla? 😅😉😂

MG have yet to go beyond the 'supports Over the Air updates' stage yet...
I did. Are you saying I’m mistaken?

Attachments

• IMG_5675.jpeg
    IMG_5675.jpeg
    542.3 KB · Views: 209
Prior to the last two services on my Gen 1 ZS the garage always rang me before taking it in to ask how it''s running, I said it's running very well with no problems. When I've had the services done I ask if any software updates have been applied & they said No, It doesn't need any according to the MG computer.
It's still on the original 455 volts & wont charge unless the doors are locked. As long as it's running problem free I'm happy. :)

I have just checked mine ZS EV connect LR and the version of software is
SW117-29176-1300 R19 is this up to date or old and needs updating?

I have just checked mine ZS EV connect LR and the version of software is
SW117-29176-1300 R19 is this up to date or old and needs updating?
I believe R19 has been updated to R22 that fixes groundhog Day problem

I've had updates run twice on my T(connect) LR since getting it in July last year. Both times for free.

The first time - in July - was to clear the "car needs servicing" and just to check if the remote dealer I bought it from had indeed run all the updates as promised - they hadn't - and it took around 4 hours do do all the various updates on the various sub-systems.

Then, later in the year I got annoyed at the "car needs servicing" message coming up after another 750 miles or so - complained and they told me there was a new software version to fix it - that took another 4 hours...

Now the car doesn't complain about servicing (good) - but I seem to have a data leak from the MG servers as all my navigation recent destinations and home / work locations get constantly changed to addresses all over the world... (I use Car Play, so it doesn't bother me) - but I'm delaying taking it in for a "fix" as everything else is running reasonably well - might leave it until the annual service.

One of the big problems with these updates (as my local dealer mentioned) is that there are many different systems all working with each other in the car - and updating one can introduce issues. Then you have to consider that some software has local customisations to meet local requirements - and you're left with huge number of combinations for every model in every region having a variety of different components using different versions.

I really doubt that the resources to fully test all these combinations exist as more versions and new models get released.

So in general - if your car is working well - don't update anything unless it's a critical update.

I believe R19 has been updated to R22 that fixes groundhog Day problem
So, this sounds like infotainment firmware version, as my ZS EV LR had R19 from "the factory".

Did this come as an OTA update or did it need to be updated by MG when the car was in for maintenance / service ?

So, this sounds like infotainment firmware version, as my ZS EV LR had R19 from "the factory".

Did this come as an OTA update or did it need to be updated by MG when the car was in for maintenance / service ?
The mythical OTA 😅no it's a dealer update

The mythical OTA 😅no it's a dealer update
This is just so silly, the OTA, atleast here, was a heavily touted feature.

"Now you dont even have to take it to the dealer to have it updated, it has OTA, this is a great way of futureproofing the car, as we can update the infotainment with bugfixes and new features".

Only thing that would be even more comical would be if they actually charge people to update the infotainment at the dealers.

"Now you dont even have to take it to the dealer to have it updated, it has OTA, this is a great way of futureproofing the car, as we can update the infotainment with bugfixes and new features".

Only thing that would be even more comical would be if they actually charge people to update the infotainment at the dealers.
Yes we was told the same

Yes we was told the same
Yeah, and i actually fell for it, having just come from a Vauxhall, where i had to pay £150 to have the infotainment updated, because there were a bug that meant that 9/10 times i plugged in my phone, Android auto would connect but only show me a black screen.

Imagine if you had to take your phone to a dealer and pay X amount of money for a bugfix to a software problem the manufacturer had delivered the car with.

It was completely impossible to do the update myself, even though the actual update was just a file on a USB stick, but after that the Vauxhall computer should be attached to "variant code" the radio...After update, but before variant coding the radio would show a Chevrolet logo and the screen would be upside down. :)

I think there's a big difference between a Chinese manufacturer's checkbox style promise and what some others are doing with genuine OTA updates backed by a development team with a planned roadmap of features and fixes.

It's more AliExpress OTA, rather than Apple.

I think there's a big difference between a Chinese manufacturer's checkbox style promise and what some others are doing with genuine OTA updates backed by a development team with a planned roadmap of features and fixes.

It's more AliExpress OTA, rather than Apple.
I agree, as i have said before.

If dealing with Chinese manufacturers "CAN" does far from always mean "WILL" :)

I am sad that the delivery time on my replacement MG ZS EV was so long, that we decided to cancel our order and buy a Tesla, after the lowered the price, because i loved the ZS EV, but man oh man, i am looking forward to having actual software updates on a regular basis. :)

Here is mine. Is that the latest?

And does check for update actually search for one? And how?

Attachments

• IMG_3621.jpg
    IMG_3621.jpg
    537.1 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_3619.jpg
    IMG_3619.jpg
    484.4 KB · Views: 179
I've just dropped my ZS II to check all firmware (due to a niggle that I'm pretty sure is h/w rather than s/w). I took a screen grab of all the firmwares prior to leaving it with them, and will grab it again when they have apparently applied every update they can.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom