What tyre pressures are everyone running?

Just to clarify some points from above. Tyre pressures are relative to normal atmospheric pressure (1013mbar or 14.7psi) so they do vary dependent on the weather BUT the difference between low and high pressure is +/-40mbar which would give a total range of 80mbar or 1.2psi. most tyre pressure gauges (including TPMS) are only accurate to 1psi (and cheaper ones 3-5psi) so any change in atmospheric pressure is likely to be lower than the accuracy of the sensor.
The manual says 2.5bar (36 psi) all round and 2.8bar (41 psi) on the REARS fully laden.
Under inflation results in higher rolling resistance and wear on the shoulders. Over inflation lower rolling resistance and wear on the centre. The benefit in energy consumption from higher pressure is actually lower than increased cost of replacing the tyres more frequently

I'm the same. I set 38psi on my tyre inflater as I know after using an accurate hand-held gauge that the tyre inflater slightly under reads.

Mine are currently showing 2.9 - 3.0 all round. I think I set my inflator to ~45psi. I've done this for years and never seen an increase in wear, if anything the opposite.

I like the way it feels sharper and more responsive on turn in. The extra range is a bonus and a bit less grip is also a guilty pleasure 😁

Haven't changed mine since I picked it up start of Feb. They were set at 2.8 all round. Sometimes when it's warm they may creep up to 2.9 and when it was very cold went down to 2.6 . Wear on tyres looks even so sticking with this .

2.8 on delivery with one annoyingly at 2.7 but now all match at 2.9 all round as it’s warmer.

IMG_2949.png

This afternoon a TPMS message to say the rear righthand tyre was low. Checked with my pressure gauge and it was the same as all the others at 35 psi (2.4 bar). Checked the values on the ismart(ish) app. and all were reading 2.4 but the app. also said the rear lefthand was low. Seems like I'm not the only one to get the TPMS message when in fact there is no problem (they have always read 2.4). Do I need to get a software update?

Next day: I've increased to 2.5 (35psi) and messages have gone .... for now!
They really need to be at 2.6 bar, set when the tyres are cold before a run. The warning message for low pressure seems to trigger when it drops below 2.4 bar.

Mine are all at 2.6 bar this morning after standing all night but will increase by 0.1 bar indevidually as the sun gets to them apart from the rear left which remains in the shade.

I checked and adjusted my tyre pressures to 37 psi when cold but they still show different pressures even after driving a few miles and physically re-checking after they've cooled off again. I'm not sure how accurate the TPS are.

2.4 is too low ... inflate to min 37 psi (2.55 bar) when cold.

Easy enough to do that, I just assumed they would have come from the dealer at the right pressure.

OK, just checked again and the front ones are at 2.6 and the rear ones at 2.7. The car has been sitting in the drive all night and although it's not cold, it's overcast and raining, so the tyres shouldn't be warm. I think I'll leave them for now.

Haven't touched mine in the 3.5 months from delivery, keep thinking I should check them - first car I have had with actual readouts of pressure, so I have been assuming they are working, tyres look fine. I will check this weekend.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back