what's the lowest % battery you've gone to on a trip ?

Got down to 7% a while back as car wouldn’t accept any rapid chargers! So had to trickle charge for a couple of hours to get me home. Interestingly, the dreaded fatigue warning suddenly came to life and started constantly buzzing at me for about 10 minutes non stop! Haven’t had a beep out of that for ages. Just waiting to get it in to fix the charging glitch, that was apparently self induced by MG.

I only ever got down to 15% on the ZS EV. We have an MG4 now (my wife's car), which of course has vehicle to load capability, and actually it will deliver 7.2kw with the right cable. I was going to make up a car-to-car 7.2kw cable so my wife could come and rescue me if I ever conked out close to home (like many others here, I tend to run the battery down most when returning home). But now I'm driving a Tesla MS 100D so I no longer have range issues :).

A low SOC should be avoided, I keep mine in the 30-70% range most of the time.

100% is needed for long trips sometimes and low SOC returns reasonable occasionally. Getting home with <5% is good management on occasions!

Just been to Bury from Morecambe, 110 miles, set off with 73% and got back with 14% that's the lowest I've ever had it. Cost me all of £3 in electric. Charge tonight and tomorrow at 9p a kWh to get back to 80%.

A low SOC should be avoided, I keep mine in the 30-70% range most of the time.

100% is needed for long trips sometimes and low SOC returns reasonable occasionally. Getting home with <5% is good management on occasions!
I charged to 100% only once in 6 months. I let the charge dropped below 20% only once to see how my car behave.

I am happy to see 238miles driven with 90% battery capacity (ZS LR) including 5 to 10% at 70 miles/h speed, 80% on motorway with 50 to 60 miles/h.

Last edited:
Got a warning that the battery was low and to recharger asap. There was 38 miles left at that point I was near the end of 180 mile trip. My PHEV didn’t even have 38 miles range on battery.

My car MG ZS EV 2022 Trophy long range.What's the lowest % charge state before you recharged?

My first long trip when "I knew all about rapid charging" and was down to 9% before I had success at MFG in Rugby.Generally at home I'm topping up to 80% or 90% when cold at home when % drops below 40%.

I feel I should use up my pod point credit in case it "vaporises" like Christmas gift card balances.

I thought at home over Xmas I could easily get it down to say 5% but have been on call for dad taxi duties.

Only twitchy moment for me was being 5 miles short to get home. coming down the M6 from Carlisle, Called at Soutwaite South to find a queue so carried on. Tebay South was Tesla only. Had to stop at Killington and had to queue for an hour only to find that the 50 kW Gridserve chargers were on a go slow at 7kW, hence the queue. made it home in single digits. Just checked ZapMap and the Killington chargers are not there anymore. Update Killington are restricted to 20kW shared power, what a waste of space.

I made a Test in the visinity of my Home. When the Battery says 0%, I reseted the counter and then I drive 12 km - then there was the end! A/C and heating system off and high speed was 50 - 60 km.
The last 2 km only 30 km was possible.

The last 50 meters to my home, I moved my car with my own manpower 😊

Attachments

• IMG_9788.jpeg
    IMG_9788.jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I made a Test in the visinity of my Home. When the Battery says 0%, I reseted the counter and then I drive 12 km - then there was the end! A/C and heating system off and high speed was 50 - 60 km.
The last 2 km only 30 km was possible.

The last 50 meters to my home, I moved my car with my own manpower 😊
Why?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom