And timed it all with a bit of care

The machine would give it all a squeeze

In time for a spark to make it sneeze

That would drive you along a foot

Then belch out poisonous gas and soot

And as you coughed and thought it insane

The whole contraption would go round again

The noise was horrendous, the vibration worse

Could we be freed from this terrible curse?

If the starter and batt’ry were just a bit bigger

Giving oomph of a more substantial figure

We’d bin all the petrol and engines you see

And drive pretty smug in a wondrous EV

I went to the petrol station yesterday to get another 5 quids worth for the mower & the level just about reached half way up the plastic can o_O I think it's days are numbered & due to be replaced with a electric mower me thinks.

I went to the petrol station yesterday to get another 5 quids worth for the mower & the level just about reached half way up the plastic can o_O I think it's days are numbered & due to be replaced with a electric mower me thinks.
Yeah I’ve had a ryobi mower and strimmer for a few years now 👌 No smelly petrol and no mains leads to fall over.

That would drive you along a foot

Then belch out poisonous gas and soot
A wonderful ditty, @Archev. For an international version (i.e. for those who feel that a foot is the thing on the end of your leg), perhaps consider

That would move you along a short way

Then poisonous gas and soot it would spray.

My son, his wife and my granddaughter have been on a road trip in California (where they live), Arizona, Utah etc with his rather large new V8 Ram truck. He sent me this screenshot of his dashboard trip record when they got home :-
E7054488-D007-4066-B350-350C619B3C8C.jpeg

Now I’ve driven that machine and that 5.7 litre hemi V8 surely sounds wonderful- but OMG can it drink the ole’ gasoline.
His wife just change her car for a V6 F-type “Jagwar”. They laugh when I mention EV’s.
Where did I fail in my parenting classes ??

My son, his wife and my granddaughter have been on a road trip in California (where they live), Arizona, Utah etc with his rather large new V8 Ram truck. He sent me this screenshot of his dashboard trip record when they got home :-
View attachment 4630
Now I’ve driven that machine and that 5.7 litre hemi V8 surely sounds wonderful- but OMG can it drink the ole’ gasoline.
His wife just change her car for a V6 F-type “Jagwar”. They laugh when I mention EV’s.
Where did I fail in my parenting classes ??
They be Yankee gallons, they always look bad for fuel economy 🤣

Still cheaper than UK prices 😮

Yeah I’ve had a ryobi mower and strimmer for a few years now 👌 No smelly petrol and no mains leads to fall over.
I also have an electric mower and hedge cutter as well as the strimmer attachment. As you say, no petrol, no mess, no leads!

I also have an electric mower and hedge cutter as well as the strimmer attachment. As you say, no petrol, no mess, no leads!
Aye and the batteries go on forever- I’ve got a few batteries and an assorted bunch of the tools but fancy the power washer next once my 15 year old mains one splutters it’s last 😄

Ouch indeed- and I nearly fainted when I passed our local petrol parlour yesterday and noticed it was £159.9 for the diesel I used to use 😱😱
£159??? Blimey, who can afford thousands to fill up?

They be Yankee gallons, they always look bad for fuel economy 🤣

Still cheaper than UK prices 😮
I’ve always found it strange that there are two different gallon sizes used here and across the pond. The US gallon is based on the gallon used in the wine industry whilst the Imperial gallon used here is based upon the bigger gallon used in beer making. The U.K. measure is approximately 20% bigger than the US one used so the US one is about 17% smaller hence the misleading fuel economy figures.

If they used litres or liters as they spell it, the figures would be the same obviously.

Don’t let’s get on to the engine capacity in cu.in that they use!

Last edited:
£159??? Blimey, who can afford thousands to fill up?
Oops - some typ o’ typo appears to have sneaked in there when to old fingers were attempting to pass on the story from this old brain. I was startled enough at £1.59 without the decimal point leaping around. Still to see the true Putin price though 😰

I’ve always found it strange that there are two different gallon sizes used here and across the pond. The US gallon is based on the gallon used in the wine industry whilst the Imperial gallon used here is based upon the bigger gallon used in beer making. The U.K. measure is approximately 20% bigger than the US one used so the US one is about 17% smaller hence the misleading fuel economy figures.

If they used litres or liters as they spell it, the figures would be the same obviously.

Don’t let’s get on to the engine capacity in cu.in that they use!
Nothing wrong with 289 cubic inches.. 🤣, it sits nicely next to the 2.2tdi and MG5

There' going to be run on sunflower oil soon, Ukraine 2nd largest export (after bread flour) is Sunflower oil.

Not going to be a cost saving over diesel soon.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom