What's this "petrol" they speak of?

It is stuff you put in cigarette lighters...now I think cigarettes are going to be as rare as petrol cars in a few yrs as well.

I had to get a gallon for my petrol lawnmower last week, £1.25/ltr :eek: Absolute daylight robbery , It did feel strange going in there I must admit.

My overnight charge (4 hours with Octopus) costs around £1.35 in total - about 27kwh. I do hope electricity cost don’t go sky high too

What's this "petrol" they speak of?

It looks like it's about to get even more expensive after the 14th July from what I've been reading o_O It's all linked to the Paris accord as such the UK mirrors & underpins the EU standards.
One paragraph jumped out :eek:

"A revision of the EU’s energy taxation directive is also expected to focus on taxing fossil fuels more heavily, including petroleum products."

My Renault Clio diesel van always seemed to run smoother on Tesco vegetable oil before they put the oil price up.

man-holding-phone-with-eevee-app-358x193-1_w268.png
Tesla drivers in the UK are spending £47 per month charging their car, on average, according to EEVEE Mobility.
Harnessing data from active users of the EEVEE Driver app, the company revealed that the monthly cost of charging a Tesla costs less than a tank of petrol."
eek.gif

"The average distance driven per month by EEVEE users is 707 miles. Based on an average fuel price of £1.30 per litre with fuel economy of 55mpg, the cost of travelling the same distance in a petrol car would be £75, representing a saving of £28 for Tesla drivers" .https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/lat...ing-says-eevee

Something feels odd with that. I've had my car for a month, done nearly 1,400 miles and it's cost £40. And that was with several Instavolt charges. I'm not expecting the next 1,500 to cost as much!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom