What's your longest journey in your EV? How many charging stops?

My apologies for the confusion the return journey was back to Watford
So was the 7hrs with or without stops on the journey(s)? And how many stops?
Sorry for all the questions, but the main thing putting me off an EV at this point in time is how badly they deal with long journeys, so details of your journey would be very useful.
I used to regularly do a 210 mile round trip to visit my mother which, in an ICE, took under two hours each way with no stops on either journey.

So was the 7hrs with or without stops on the journey(s)? And how many stops?
Sorry for all the questions, but the main thing putting me off an EV at this point in time is how badly they deal with long journeys, so details of your journey would be very useful.
I used to regularly do a 210 mile round trip to visit my mother which, in an ICE, took under two hours each way with no stops on either journey.
7hrs with stops but it could have been 6hrs had it not been for the broken Ecotricity chargers that are found at motorway services which in my experience are very poor. Don't let this put you off, a little planning goes a long away. I didn't plan that journey as it was last min but had i done so i would have factored in chargers that are more reliable.

I can only tell you from my own experiences as a taxi driver i have not switched to a EV yet as the public structure is not ready to handle long distances but we have a EV for home/local/school run which is ideal as the savings are great. If we go on long trips then we now hire a petrol car as its unpredictable for long journeys but other then that its great if you have lot of patience to use the public chargers

I can only tell you from my own experiences as a taxi driver i have not switched to a EV yet as the public structure is not ready to handle long distances but we have a EV for home/local/school run which is ideal as the savings are great. If we go on long trips then we now hire a petrol car as its unpredictable for long journeys but other then that its great if you have lot of patience to use the public chargers
I could get away with an EV with home charging for day to day driving, but I want one vehicle that will do it all - and it sounds like the only way of doing that would be to buy a Tesla Model Y, as they charge quickly and have a very good charger network. Not only is the Tesla hugely more expensive than either an MG, an ICE or a hybrid, but I don't like the interior. I want a 'real' car, with 'real' controls - I hate it that everything is driven from the central screen and there is no info directly in front of the driver - personally, I don't think that it's safe.
I have no wish to hire another car for long journeys, so my next car is (currently) most likely to be another ICE or a hybrid. It is a bit of a shame, as I've nearly bought an MG5 a few times, but reading the comments on these forums has made me realise that perhaps an EV isn't for me - yet. I have no wish to add multiples of 50 minute stops to my longer journeys, to only drive at 55-60 on motorways or to slipstream large vehicles just to get a few more miles range. One of the (many) videos that I've watched whilst researching made the point that in order to get EVs adopted fully you have to offer people something that's better than what they have at the moment. 300+mile range, less than 15 minute charging and readily available sensibly priced chargers on a national basis would change my mind, providing it didn't cost much more than a sensible ICE.

My longest to date as a single trip has been 245miles. Essex to Manchester, so that's two charges out and three on the return. I leave home on 100%, but only about 80% for the return as there is no local charging available.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom