Wheel/rim Specification

Also ta, was wondering about the bolt pattern/spacing myself as I would hate to order a set, car unseen, and be:eek:

Alan

The wheels on my SE SR are:

5x112mm bolt PCD, ET +51mm, wheel size 17 x 7J, centre bore 57.1mm with 215/50/17

IMG_20221014_144632.jpg

So MkV and VI Golf wheels will fit along with various MB A-C class.

FWIW the wheels have been assembled dry, and all four stub axles have surface rust both inside and on the mounting face. The discs themselves are coated on the mounting face so shouldn't corrode. I've chosen to lightly coat the mating surfaces and the bolts with anti-seize - I'm aware of the risks but prefer to be able to remove the wheels without problems in the future.

IMG_20221014_144707.jpg

IMG_20221014_151812.jpg

PCD:5x112
Diameter:18″
Width:8″
Offset:45
Central bore:57.1

would this spec alloy fit or is the offset not correct?

What's the theory behind smaller wheels improving range? Unsprung weight reduced so less mass to turn? I reckon weight of right foot has much more impact.

Remember that the tyres need to be such that the overall diameter is unchanged (as near as possible) else the speedo etc. calibration will be out.

What's the theory behind smaller wheels improving range? Unsprung weight reduced so less mass to turn? I reckon weight of right foot has much more impact.

Remember that the tyres need to be such that the overall diameter is unchanged (as near as possible) else the speedo etc. calibration will be out.
Yes I know these. Diameter is important but more important is that the new tyre also has proper load rating also. Also for smaller diameter wheels it's beneficial to get narrower tyres. Just for fun looking for options especially for winter tyres.

Remember that the tyres need to be such that the overall diameter is unchanged (as near as possible) else the speedo etc. calibration will be out

What car did a group range test last winter it had the 18 inch wheel Megane and the 20 inch wheel Megane in it. The 20 inch wheel version was more efficient.

This was a test on a track with exact same conditions for each car.

Has there been anyone eager to test would 15" rim fit on the MG4 over brakes?
Maximising range would be great mod

I think 15 inch rims would look terrible on the 4, 17's look just a bit undersized in the arches so the 15's would look tiny

Were the valves/sensors transferred to the new wheels? Were the wheels fitted on the same corners?

BMW official figures for the I4 quote different ranges for different wheel sizes. I'm sure other manufacturers do too.

hey guy, i also wanted to change my MG4 rim (same size 18 inch) GM dealer says if i change car will go out of warranty. does anyone face with this issue?

Has anyone used VW rims? I have set form A6 and pcd, bore etc are good, but will original bolts fit? Seen somewhere with ZS that needed longer bolts with VW rims.

Why do they fit plastic wheel covers on ZS models? They are a pain to remove and a devil to put back on without damage them.

hey guy, i also wanted to change my MG4 rim (same size 18 inch) GM dealer says if i change car will go out of warranty. does anyone face with this issue?
Not sure about consumer law in Azerbaijan but in the UK it won't affect the warranty. It may however make it more difficult to put a claim in on suspension/steering problems that may arise while under warranty. But they've got to prove that it's the new wheels that's caused the problem.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 499 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back