• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

When is the 12V battery recharged?

cocole

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I was just wondering when the 12V battery is recharged?
Is it when the car is plugged in? Or when driving like the ICE cars?
Or some other time? (maybe only when regen breaking?)

It’s when the car is plugged in for charging or when the car is actually running, Regen only supplies power to the HV pack.

Thats why if you are parked up, for any length of time, say listening to the radio etc. you should have the 'engine' switched on and be in park. You can have air con, wipers, the lot..... and the power is topped up from your big battery. ;)......much better than having an ICE engine running.

This volt meter will show what is happening to the 12 v battery. Boot light is timed out, I leave my boot open on dry days
61tR%2Bq%2BvdaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This volt meter will show what is happening to the 12 v battery. Boot light is timed out, I leave my boot open on dry days
61tR%2Bq%2BvdaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
It's good to know the boot light times out, seeing as there's no switch on it to turn it off. (y)

the 12V battery is charged in the mode of charging the main battery from the AC. A stabilized voltage of 13.1V is supplied. Also in the engine operating mode 14.2V.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom