When's the next MG5 delivery?!!

Feels to me like some dealers put in "Phantom" orders for non-existent people then allocate them when someone wants one whereas others are putting in genuine orders only. Otherwise it;' shard to account for the discrepancies we are seeing (cancelled orders is, I suppose, a possibility too)

It also feels like there isn't a "network" of dealers - like some have, where if a particular choice is asked for they can circulate the requirement around and see if any other dealer can help.

I get the distinct impression it's the lease/fleet sales that have been doing that an in some cases have been intentionally sitting on stock

My dealers tells me they are being sent new stock to allow them to meet the next qtr. targets. They have chosen to use these cars to match existing orders and are surprised other dealers are not. I gave them just one example where on Auto Trader ZS trophy's are being offered for immediate delivery. Shame on those dealers as I'm sure they too could match these cars to existing orders.

Well that is my delivery date delayed again. Reason given by the dealer is "unavailable build slot".

Order date: Late Nov ('21)
Delivery estimate 1: early March '22
Delivery estimate 2: mid April '22
Delivery estimate 3: early June '22
Actual delivery: ??????

Well that is my delivery date delayed again. Reason given by the dealer is "unavailable build slot".

Order date: Late Nov ('21)
Delivery estimate 1: early March '22
Delivery estimate 2: mid April '22
Delivery estimate 3: early June '22
Actual delivery: ??????
I'm in a similar position just praying it won't be too long. I wouldn't mind the wait so much if I knew when it was coming

Hi all, I've just cancelled my MG5 Exclusive order that was definitely on the ship and to be delivered in mid march. It was in Black, so if anyone was after one then contact Nathanial Cars in Cardiff and they might have one avaliable today for delivery in a couple of weeks

I have decided to stick with my 2018 Leaf Tekna for the time being.

is the new MG5 even officially launched yet ?

I dont mean the increased range model like the ZS , the new one with a complete face lift ?

Not in the UK and not expected to be for at least 6 months, probably longer to get all the current LRs out of China.

Anyone got any other means of tracking the incoming vessel? Last update on Marinetraffic was over 24h ago...
"Status:
Underway Using Engine
Speed/Course:
18.8kn / 284°
Draught:
8.9m
Received: 2022-02-25 10:19 UTC"

Look at Bristol Port website to see when it's due to arrive. What happens between leaving China and getting here is kinda irrelevant (unless it catches fire).

Look at Bristol Port website to see when it's due to arrive. What happens between leaving China and getting here is kinda irrelevant (unless it catches fire).
I know, but I'm a bit addicted to sending SWMBO a screenshot every day documenting it's progress across the sea!!

Not in the UK and not expected to be for at least 6 months, probably longer to get all the current LRs out of China.
I do like the look from the pics ive seen , the current one is just too bland in my opinion , it might be nicer to drive than the ZS but i prefer the look of the ZS all day long

I do like the look from the pics ive seen , the current one is just too bland in my opinion , it might be nicer to drive than the ZS but i prefer the look of the ZS all day long

Funilly enough, I'm not keen on the new exterior. When I was told my order was delayed I asked the dealer to confirm I was getting the current model and not the new one. The new interior and connectivity on the other hand those are appealing.

I know, but I'm a bit addicted to sending SWMBO a screenshot every day documenting it's progress across the sea!!
In that case search for the ship name on Google, this usually links to several ship tracking websites, as you already know. I found whilst watching in the past some websites get updates when others don't, so a scan of a few different sites may help you?

Oh well, Just gonna have to wait and see then! Ordered Mid Dec, a 5LR Exclusive in Black, Motability vehicle, only good thing Motability Suggested I ordered new vehicle 3 months before change over due, and a 6 month extension offered, which may well all get used up, o_O
Dealer hinted April earliest, i think chasing will only add further disappointment, reading thru previous threads, fingers crossed.

Anyone got any other means of tracking the incoming vessel? Last update on Marinetraffic was over 24h ago...
"Status:
Underway Using Engine
Speed/Course:
18.8kn / 284°
Draught:
8.9m
Received: 2022-02-25 10:19 UTC"
try this one HOEGH TRANSPORTER Current position (Vehicles Carrier, IMO 9176395) - VesselFinder

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom