When's the next MG5 delivery?!!

I'd be keeping that quiet! Orders dating back to August still not having been delivered won't make you popular! (Congratulations though, dead jealous!)
I know I don't mean to rub it in I'm just really chuffed, expressed an interest in the MG5 at my local dealership and there was a customer cancellation on one that was already in "at sea" status chucked a deposit on it and low and behold it came in exactly when they said it would, just right place right time not usually this lucky.

The Sunlight Ace is due into Portbury on Sunday 27th and has come from China, I believe its currently in the Suez Canal. None of the other vehicle carriers due into Portbury this week have come from China as far as I can tell.

The Sunlight Ace is due into Portbury on Sunday 27th and has come from China, I believe its currently in the Suez Canal. None of the other vehicle carriers due into Portbury this week have come from China as far as I can tell.
It's approaching there, yes. Quite excited now! It's only 5 minutes from Suez, right?

I know it's normaly Portbury but this ship is classed as a RoRo maybe doesn't have the unloading capability there. Just clutching at straws it's been along wait.
Portbury definitely has Ro-Ro capability. Although the recent BBC documentary implied that unloading 411 vehicles from a RoRo ship in one staff shift was a lot which I thought was disappointing as I would have expected them to be able to unload a lot more.

I think their import office is at Bristol, something like that, which meant the cars had to go there first anyway before going to the dealers.

But you may be lucky.

I've got no idea how they operate but if a shift is 8 hours and 5 men that seems quite a good number to me. That'd be about 10 per man hour to drive it off the boat to the parking lot and get back to the next one. In fact looking at it the other way I imagine each car takes maybe 20 minutes to drive off, deliver, do paperwork and get back for the next one. I doubt they'd have a huge pool of drivers as there would be vast amounts of time between ships to pay them for.

I think their import office is at Bristol, something like that, which meant the cars had to go there first anyway before going to the dealers.

But you may be lucky.

I've got no idea how they operate but if a shift is 8 hours and 5 men that seems quite a good number to me. That'd be about 10 per man hour to drive it off the boat to the parking lot and get back to the next one. In fact looking at it the other way I imagine each car takes maybe 20 minutes to drive off, deliver, do paperwork and get back for the next one. I doubt they'd have a huge pool of drivers as there would be vast amounts of time between ships to pay them for.
Agreed smokie, they have been advertising for more drivers too. I would say 15 mins per car as they wont do paperwork that would be somebody else doing that. The big problem is that MG should ship ordered cars (real customers) before dealer speculative stock. However MG admin / communication has been found wanting time and time again.

What's everyone's experience of timing from being given an actual date to receiving the car? I ordered just short of 4 months ago and have only been given guestimates of months it may arrive. Once you've been given a date how far off is it normally from people's experience?

What's everyone's experience of timing from being given an actual date to receiving the car? I ordered just short of 4 months ago and have only been given guestimates of months it may arrive. Once you've been given a date how far off is it normally from people's experience?
From listening to some other voices on this it would seem when the car turns up at the dealership is when you may get the call

Was given an approx delivery date end of March but I'm picking it up next week. Ordered end of November, so I'm pleased with that.

I ordered 5th November dealer called yesterday and said i could get my car on 21st March if i changed my choice of colour from red to either silver, blue or black i picked blue they said MG can't get my original choice until August due to semi conductor shortage

I ordered 5th November dealer called yesterday and said i could get my car on 21st March if i changed my choice of colour from red to either silver, blue or black i picked blue they said MG can't get my original choice until August due to semi conductor shortage
This is so odd. I have just this week swapped my ZS LR order for a 5LR. They have a few arriving at dealer on March 16th. I chose black, but they did offer me a red one. Why would MG, if they know people are waiting for a particular car not allocate it?

I popped in today for a value on my current Leaf. They where honest and said they couldn't match WBAC and the like. But they did say all their 'spare' MG5 arriving next month sold within the day and that a lot of people have switched from the ZS to the 5

It looks like the dealers are taking anything they can get thier hands on and the car transporters are just loading what ever is nearest to clear the dockside

8 ZS's turned up at the dealer whilst I was there sorting the paperwork on my 5, they're starting to get stock and quite a chunk before the end of March and now it's going to be hard to turn them all around at the same time.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom