When's the next MG5 delivery?!!

When they get to the dock imagine the logistics in getting them to the dealer.
Say 2000 cars arrive? Sort out the delivery priorities and plan which transporter delivers which car where. Find the right cars from the 2000 on the dock and load say 10 cars per transporter? 200 transporter trips at least needed some to the "far north' anything above Birmingham may only allow one round trip of the transporter in a day. All this will take some time, even more when multiple ships arrive in a couple of weeks. The only short cut could be if you are buying from a large group with dealers in the same region as it would make sense to load a few transporters with thier cars first to maximise transporter efficiency? I wonder if those docked cars include those going to Ireland too?

That will help but I work on the railway and often see trains full of minis, fords, Nissans etc never seen one with MGs on.....yet

I had always assumed that the car trains I had seen were factory to docks for export rather than UK internal deliveries

When they get to the dock imagine the logistics in getting them to the dealer.
Say 2000 cars arrive? Sort out the delivery priorities and plan which transporter delivers which car where. Find the right cars from the 2000 on the dock and load say 10 cars per transporter? 200 transporter trips at least needed some to the "far north' anything above Birmingham may only allow one round trip of the transporter in a day. All this will take some time, even more when multiple ships arrive in a couple of weeks. The only short cut could be if you are buying from a large group with dealers in the same region as it would make sense to load a few transporters with thier cars first to maximise transporter efficiency? I wonder if those docked cars include those going to Ireland too?
Also it was suggested that some cars were shipped without "chips" the chips being fitted at portside? not sure if this is correct!

Also it was suggested that some cars were shipped without "chips" the chips being fitted at portside? not sure if this is correct!
Hadn't heard that they could have been shipped (air freight hopefully) after ship sailed so as not to delay the voyage. As long as there is a plan then it could be a smart move. I would have thought they would send them to the dealers to do rather in the open air on the dock?

Just spoke to dealer. My MG5 is dockside awaiting transport,must have arrived on the Viking Sea or Durban Highway. Should be with them 24th Feb. Good news. I hope you get similar news soon guys.

It would have to be entire (?)CUs that have to be fitted. Plug in Integrated Circuits would be a nightmare for reliability in the vibration environment of a car. Then for security reason all of the control units in most cars are locked to each other.

I have just called my dealer to chase my order. I ordered early November and was originally quoted January. When I spoke to them before Christmas I got told April. Having just spoken to them they cannot now offer a date as it hasn't hit the production line yet. Bit frustrating but suppose there are a lot of people in the same situation.

Any ideas how long it roughly takes after production starts?
I ordered my new HS back in June, and it is now at my local dock, (Bristol), awaiting release to the dealer.
All down to silicon chip shortage worldwide. And now delayed at dock, apparently now waiting for missing parts.
My dealer has, in fairness, given me monthly updates, but it's still very frustrating.

Just spoke to dealer. My MG5 is dockside awaiting transport,must have arrived on the Viking Sea or Durban Highway. Should be with them 24th Feb. Good news. I hope you get similar news soon guys.
thats good news I ordered mine early dec so might not be too far away now (last date was 20th April) but other posts suggesting longer wait

thats good news I ordered mine early dec so might not be too far away now (last date was 20th April) but other posts suggesting longer wait
I'd seriously really talk to your dealer. When I spoke with mine they had dates of all the vehicles due in. He'd got identical cars due for delivery before others that were ordered after.... No rhyme or reason as to why. Always good to check!

Last edited:
Just spoke to my dealer - they have my car, it arrived this morning. It was either on the Viking Sea or Durban Highway that arrived at Portbury in the last week or so. 1st March booked off work for my collection. :D

Just spoke to my dealer - they have my car, it arrived this morning. It was either on the Viking Sea or Durban Highway that arrived at Portbury in the last week or so. 1st March booked off work for my collection. :D
Congratulations! What was your order date?

Mid September 2021. But it was assigned to an order the dealer had made late August!
I was told 5th December at point of order and its been a painfully long wait.

I'm off work next week so will head down to the dealer to get all the paperwork signed up and give it a look over. Then head back on the 1st to collect it.

Cant fault the dealer, they've been very accommodating. I just wish MG UK would get a better grip on order allocation and delivery estimates.

Ordered our MG5 Exclusive on 17th Jan and collected today, only drove it about 30miles so far but loving it much quicker than I expected as well, can see why there's such a buzz for these cars at this price.
I'd be keeping that quiet! Orders dating back to August still not having been delivered won't make you popular! (Congratulations though, dead jealous!)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom