Where is everbody?

OriginalBigAl

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
We are just in the middle of a two week holiday in Blighty. We have seen in descending order Teslas , Vw,s Hyundai's ,Kias , Honda and Chevrolet EV,s . But not one MG of any flavour. And ,yes I,ve been looking. We have travelled 5oo km in England been in town centres , car parks, etc. We recently have travelled 1500 kms through France with similar results. To date the only MG4 we have seen on the road was the one we took the test drive in back in November. I am still awaiting delivery of mine and am now beginning to think I am part of a surreal dream or part of a sophisticated scam which is being operated to relieve me of my deposit.

Ha! 😁. Good post!!

Sure you know we are out there ….check a thread out on here called “Was it you” or words to that effect 👍

good luck with your new MG4! Hope you get better looked after in France, via MG Dealership, than you seem to here in the UK.

Here's the thread.

Of course, it could all be part of the great conspiracy!

I've only ever seen two, both twins of my own car (triplets?). It wasn't the same car twice, because the first sighting turned out to be another forum member, who disclaimed all knowledge of the second one. But my dealer said he was selling about two a week. (Another member of the great conspiracy!)

Oh, and a friend of mine who lives in Yorkshire said she saw a white one using the public chargers outside her house.

I have a friend who saw one once 😂

It’s a good point , I’ve been driving mine for 7 weeks now and not seen another one (apart from when I picked it up). I do quite like the exclusivity tho… soooo many boring Teslas…. Sooo common 😂

You must of missed me. I don't hang around ;) Seriously though, I saw three yesterday travelling down the A36 towards Hampshire, but none today on the return journey. Come visit Portbury docks in Bristol. There's thousands there!

Statistically you are looking for a needle in an haystack given the average density of MG4s. My dealer in Sheffield was very busy selling MG4s but I have only seen one in my area, parked in the city centre. However, I did see an out-of-town ZS EV, at my local Tesco, and a ZS and an MG5 from Durham at Warner' Thoresby Hall hotel.

Currently near Cambridge which you would expect to be a hotbed of EV activity. Shortly crossing west to mid Wales ( do John Deere do EV,s ) then south passing the famous Potbury Docks , I think I left my binoculars at home, to East Devon and Exeter four days( more tractors ) then onto Ringwood for a few days and finally onto Newhaven passing Brighton ( so some hope there). Sorry Bristol but my last few visits , it rained and my football team always got beat, so bad memories, but thanks for the offer.

Currently near Cambridge which you would expect to be a hotbed of EV activity. Shortly crossing west to mid Wales ( do John Deere do EV,s ) then south passing the famous Potbury Docks , I think I left my binoculars at home, to East Devon and Exeter four days( more tractors ) then onto Ringwood for a few days and finally onto Newhaven passing Brighton ( so some hope there). Sorry Bristol but my last few visits , it rained and my football team always got beat, so bad memories, but thanks for the offer.
Passed through Ringwood twice in last two days.

Caught sight of another two , blue and orange charging either side of Lyme Regis yesterday. Oh the wind and rain , is there anywhere more miserable than Lyme Regis in those conditions?
Been trying to do a very unscientific survey as to the percentage of all electric cars I,ve seen ( mostly Teslas ) to 22/23 plate ICE cars , UK holidays in the rain can be boring, I,ve got it to around 5%?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back