Which charger is best? (Using chargedEV)

dten133

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hello! I’m sure this has been asked a lot but I’m just having a panic moment. I’m getting my MG4 tomorrow but can’t get my charge point installed until 23/02. That’s a long painful story that I’m still expecting to go wrong!
Ive ordered the hypervolt chargers ever a friend just advised it isn’t compatible with Octopus. I’m hoping if necessary I may still be able to choose another charger.

Im open to which energy company I use, I do have solar panels, looking for recommendations of compatible chargers.

Hello! I’m sure this has been asked a lot but I’m just having a panic moment. I’m getting my MG4 tomorrow but can’t get my charge point installed until 23/02. That’s a long painful story that I’m still expecting to go wrong!
Ive ordered the hypervolt chargers ever a friend just advised it isn’t compatible with Octopus. I’m hoping if necessary I may still be able to choose another charger.

Im open to which energy company I use, I do have solar panels, looking for recommendations of compatible chargers.

The Hypervolt is compatible with Octopus Go (9p/kWh) but not Intelligent Octopus Go 7.5p/kWh).

I have a hypervolt with octopus go tariff. Not as good as octopus intelligent but I like the hypervolt much more than the other options available. No doubt over time octopus will sort out the compatibility issue.

Go with the hypervolt for now (as you dont really have much choice). By luck we got a ohme pro (£600 installed from a failed zenith lease), i would well recommend this charger - it also has solar (on beta test), but have not bothered with this element. It just works every time, as requested. If you have nothing else OVO EV (at 7p / Kw) is the one to go with (I think it needs an ohme?)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 526 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back