Which Charging Cable To Buy - If Any

I am picking my new ZS Trophy LR up on Tuesday.

I have already installed a tethered MyAppi charger so am good to go for charging at home

My understanding of charging away from home is that most 50/100kw chargers are also used with tethered cables

So I am asking advice from those who already own a ZS EV which cable should I buy to charge my car outside of the two above scenarios

Or do I not really need one

Thanks
Alan
I'm baffled by the number of posts asking "which charging cables?" as my 2021 ZS came with an MG slow (granny) charger with a 13amp 3pin domestic socket & a 7pin both ends socket cable in a nice MG bag. I assumed that they were both supplied with the vehicle although my car was 2nd user. The manual shows the slow charger as supplied with car but not the other charging cable in the separate MG purpose made bag. Personally I would ask sales for one as part of the deal. At least it must be an MG optional extra.

At least it must be an MG optional extra.
It's is a optional extra sometimes free with some deals but when it's not included you can buy at dealer prices so people can get same cable not mg branded for 1/2 or 1/3 of the price
So when looking for a deal you find 3/5/7/10 metres 16/32amp single phase three phase etc. It can be a little overwhelming
All you need for a UK zs is a single phase 32amp type2 cable
If you find a cheaper three phase 32amp cable that will work just the same just a bit heavier but will also be more future proof as some new MG4 owners are finding out

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom