Which LED bulbs for MG ZS EV side repeaters?

SCB86

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
So today I changed all of my external and internal bulbs for LED but I'm having issues with the side repeaters. I can't find LED bulbs that don't cause hyper flash, despite buying two different types of "canbus" compatible bulbs.

Have of you guys managed to find any that work? It irks me that they're the only bulbs left on the car that I can't change to LED.

Last edited:
Hi SCB86.

Vi came across this subject the other day in an other thread.
I bought a pair of KATUR amber side blinkers, I am still undecided if I am going to use them again or not. To me they seem to be a bit to strong in the output, but on the other hand they don't cause any flickering like the OSRAM I bought afterwards. The KATUR seems very well build, and if you are ok. with strong output, then I will recommend them to you. 19£ a pair on Amazon.

Upvote 0
Hi SCB86.

I bought a pair of KATUR amber side blinkers, I am still undecided if I am going to use them again or not. To me they seem to be a bit to strong in the output, but on the other hand they don't cause any flickering like the OSRAM I bought afterwards. The KATUR seems very well build, and if you are ok. with strong output, then I will recommend them to you. 19£ a pair on Amazon.
Or maybe it is for
Hi SCB86.

Or did you mean the sideblinkers in the door mirrors? Or in the back?🙃

Upvote 0
I have also been wondering if it is worth trying to change them!. Is it easy to get the cover of?
You have to remove the glass first (no need to unclip the electric connections, I let mine hang down) then you remove three screws, the back cover pops off and then there are two more screws to remove the side repeater.

They're pressure fitted and have hot glue/sealant around the connection to stop moisture.

The manual says you're meant to reseal the lamp holder after replacing the bulb. However my sealant didn't break off so when it was pushed back in the sealant still covered the connection.

Upvote 0
I have also been wondering if it is worth trying to change them!. Is it easy to get the cover of?
Screenshot_20210124-103059.png

Upvote 0
I'm undecided if it's worth doing!
I will like to have the looks of Led's. But I'm afraid I will mess up something In the process, especially if it has to be done several times because it is a hit&miss if the led's is flickering or not.
If someone knows about a video where it is done, then maybe.

Upvote 0
I'm undecided if it's worth doing!
I will like to have the looks of Led's. But I'm afraid I will mess up something In the process, especially if it has to be done several times because it is a hit&miss if the led's is flickering or not.
If someone knows about a video where it is done, then maybe.
You may find you can do it, it's not hard. You just have to get past the fact it feels like you're going to break stuff.
I always tested my heated mirrors and blind spot system after each time I dismantled them.
Someone suggested using 12V resistors and there is space in the mirror unit to fit resistors. But I don't think I'll bother, i'll leave it as a filament.

Upvote 0
So today I changed all of my external and internal bulbs for LED but I'm having issues with the side repeaters. I can't find LED bulbs that don't cause hyper flash, despite buying two different types of "canbus" compatible bulbs.

Have of you guys managed to find any that work? It irks me that they're the only bulbs left on the car that I can't change to LED.
You may find you can do it, it's not hard. You just have to get past the fact it feels like you're going to break stuff.
I always tested my heated mirrors and blind spot system after each time I dismantled them.
Someone suggested using 12V resistors and there is space in the mirror unit to fit resistors. But I don't think I'll bother, i'll leave it as a filament.
Hi SCB,

I have installed the rear and front indicator bulbs successfully so far using Twenty20 for the front and the rather expensive Cree Bulbs from France for the rear.

I bought the Twenty20 ones for the side repeaters but haven't fitted them as yet, am I correct at assuming these are the ones you have used in your side repeaters - Twenty20 or a different brand?

However, I am having a serious problems with the Side Light LED's from Classic Car LED which are in RED that completely blow after fitting.

12 Volt Collection

I found that once fitted, if I turned my lights on and off a few times in succession they fail.

I replaced them three times and each time all or some of the LED's on the board failed, they are rubbish too say the least, yet the white ones used on the number plate work fine, only the RED ones have failed, so for now until I can find suitable replacement, I have put the filament bulbs back.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Seems like a lot of work to reverse prep for the MOT when it comes around if they get stricter and it fails, I'll just stick to changing the headlights back. ;)

Upvote 0
Hi SCB,

I have installed the rear and front indicator bulbs successfully so far using Twenty20 for the front and the rather expensive Cree Bulbs from France for the rear.

I bought the Twenty20 ones for the side repeaters but haven't fitted them as yet, am I correct at assuming these are the ones you have used in your side repeaters - Twenty20 or a different brand?

However, I am having a serious problems with the Side Light LED's from Classic Car LED which are in RED that completely blow after fitting.

12 Volt Collection

I found that once fitted, if I turned my lights on and off a few times in succession they fail.

I replaced them three times and each time all or some of the LED's on the board failed, they are rubbish too say the least, yet the white ones used on the number plate work fine, only the RED ones have failed, so for now until I can find suitable replacement, I have put the filament bulbs back.
I haven't tried Twenty20 T10 bulbs.

I used these for my rear side light bulbs and had no issue. eBay number: 124299715894

I used these for the stop/tail bulbs;

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210124-175512.png
    Screenshot_20210124-175512.png
    730 KB · Views: 211
Upvote 0
I haven't tried Twenty20 T10 bulbs.

I used these for my rear side light bulbs and had no issue. eBay number: 124299715894

I used these for the stop/tail bulbs;

I’d like to get Twenty20 led headlamp bulbs but suppliers seem to be out of stock!

Upvote 0
I’d like to get Twenty20 led headlamp bulbs but suppliers seem to be out of stock!
I love the Twenty20 products but the headlight bulbs don't produce many lumens compared to ones like the Koyoso bulbs I have fitted (60W 10,000 lumens per bulb)

Upvote 0
I love the Twenty20 products but the headlight bulbs don't produce many lumens compared to ones like the Koyoso bulbs I have fitted (60W 10,000 lumens per bulb)
I know! They’re not available either!

Upvote 0
Seems like a lot of faff for something that doesn’t really need doing. What exactly are the benefits?

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom