Which settings save?

dml

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi! I've been lurking a while and found the discussions very helpful. Hoping to test drive the MG4 this weekend.

I would appreciate clarity about which infotainment based settings save (if any). I've picked up that the following do not:
  • driving mode
  • regen level

Do any of these save:
  • auto hold?
  • climate control (temp in particular)?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi! I've been lurking a while and found the discussions very helpful. Hoping to test drive the MG4 this weekend.

I would appreciate clarity about which infotainment based settings save (if any). I've picked up the the following do not:
  • driving mode
  • regen level

Do any of these save:
  • auto hold?
  • climate control (temp in particular)?

Thanks!
Climate control definitely saves, only just turned on Auto Hold so cannot confirm that as yet. Driving mode resets to Normal and regen resets to level 3 (highest).

Climate control definitely saves, only just turned on Auto Hold so cannot confirm that as yet. Driving mode resets to Normal and regen resets to level 3 (highest).
Are you annoyed by them resetting yet, or don't you mind the reset?
I feel like it would annoy me - hopefully a software update allows them to be saved going forward

Are you annoyed by them resetting yet, or don't you mind the reset?
I feel like it would annoy me - hopefully a software update allows them to be saved going forward
The only thing that annoys me right now is the attention warning. I would choose to have normal mode and high regen anyway, although I have mapped the regen to the left star button to allow me to swap to adaptive easily. I doubt I'll ever change the driving mode unless it's for snow.

The only thing that annoys me right now is the attention warning. I would choose to have normal mode and high regen anyway, although I have mapped the regen to the left star button to allow me to swap to adaptive easily. I doubt I'll ever change the driving mode unless it's for snow.
That sounds like what I will do. I only use ECO in my ZS when I am on a long trip. I won’t need to do this with the MG4😀

Thanks for the replies. I'm relieved the climate settings save. Is anyone able to confirm about auto hold?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back