Which Upgrade would you like next for the ZS EV? In-car time programmable charging?

I agree with all of the above. The infotainment system speed of use is a huge issue. You kind of get used to it and do things slowly and wait for the response but we shouldn’t have to. I had use of a Subaru zx for a couple of days this week and the touch screen and all onscreen controls and information were instant, clear and logical to use and read. It was a shock coming back to our MG which I love in every other respect. The central driver display also displayed the actual speed and cruise speed setting at the same time which made motorway driving much more relaxing. It is so annoying the way the MG keeps swapping screens whenever you change lane and that the two speeds at on different screens. The need to be combined.

The only thing I find annoying on mine is the response to the heater controls, the rest of the infotainment system is comparable to my 2016 Prius (which is also a slow system).
One feature I miss is the adjustment of the seat belt height on the B-post, I like to have the belt over my shoulder not up past my ear.

I agree with all of the above. The infotainment system speed of use is a huge issue. You kind of get used to it and do things slowly and wait for the response but we shouldn’t have to. I had use of a Subaru zx for a couple of days this week and the touch screen and all onscreen controls and information were instant, clear and logical to use and read. It was a shock coming back to our MG which I love in every other respect. The central driver display also displayed the actual speed and cruise speed setting at the same time which made motorway driving much more relaxing. It is so annoying the way the MG keeps swapping screens whenever you change lane and that the two speeds at on different screens. The need to be combined.
I agree regarding the setup of screens on the centre display - these need re-arranging to make them more logical and easier to use. It's stupid that the two most used screens ("home" and "lane assist") are separated by a never-used speed warning screen, so you're forever skipping two over and two back. As you say, it would be useful to have the lane assist screen combined with the "home" screen, which would eliminate this horizontal skipping altogether!

I have just been contacted by the MG dealership that sold me my MZ Eva last October 2020. They informed me that their is a safety update on the software that needs installing relating to the mileage range? When I asked for the details of the software update, I was astonished to hear that they didn’t know the details of what it updated. I find this staggering. Can anyone help with the details of what will be different once the new software is installed. I booked the car in for the update next Thursday the 11th of Feb. 2021.

I have just been contacted by the MG dealership that sold me my MZ Eva last October 2020. They informed me that their is a safety update on the software that needs installing relating to the mileage range? When I asked for the details of the software update, I was astonished to hear that they didn’t know the details of what it updated. I find this staggering. Can anyone help with the details of what will be different once the new software is installed. I booked the car in for the update next Thursday the 11th of Feb. 2021.
A few threads worth reading:

I would like to have a setting that really switches off MG Pilot and does not keep switching it on a every start.
Close or open all windows on remote.
MG pilot is always off unless you activate it, even when it's switched on in the settings.

The only safety related one I can think of is the HV fuse update.

I would like to have a setting that really switches off MG Pilot and does not keep switching it on a every start.
Close or open all windows on remote.
Do you mean Lane Departure Prevention? That can be switched off in vehicle settings. MG pilot comes on if you pull the lever twice towards you. Once activated it stays active until you switch it off or the car off - the next trip it needs to be activated again if you want it. It’s off otherwise. I think remote window opening/closing is now on the MG5 - so it might come to the ZS. 🙂

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom